AU3Check Error

VeeDub

Hi,

I decided to reinstall AutoIt as I've been having a few intermittent errors with a script which have been difficult to reproduce and I started to wonder whether maybe there might be a problem with my installation.

I removed AutoIt and SciTE, deleted the C:\Program Files\Autoit3 directory structure and then re-installed both.

Now when I hit F5, the script runs but I get an AU3Check Error (which ironically I wasn't getting before).

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Temp\Dev\Error_352.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta" /UserParams 
+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.1
! *** AU3CHECK Error: *** Skipping AU3Check: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\au3check.exe Not Found !

>Running:(3.2.0.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Temp\Dev\Error_352.au3" 
Site 1
+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 13.696

The error refers to the Beta directory, but as I am using F5 I don't understand why that would be.

I also get the same error when I use Alt-F5.

Thanks

VW

The error has got something to do with the fact that there is no longer a Beta directory and some part of the configuration is telling the Wrapper to look for stuff in the Beta directory.

As a work-around I created a Beta directory and copied au3check.exe, but then it just starts looking for other files in the Beta directory.

I have been looking at some of the config files, but it's not clear to me where a change is needed.

• Moderators

Did you ever change anything in SciTe under Options >> Open User Options File?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

No, but I re-installed Scite as well.

The error is cosmetic, so it's not urgent that I fix it. I would like to fix it properly, but if I can't, I will create a Beta directory and keep copying in files that it wants until the error goes away.

VW

• Developers

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Temp\Dev\Error_352.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta" /UserParams

This tells me you have made a change to the Autoit3dir= variable.

Its either in the au3.properties wrong or added and changed in your SciTEUser.properties which is located in your userdata subdirectory and will not be replaced when you remove the lot and reinstall.

EDIT: interesting thread :P

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@VeeDub

Perhaps time to update your User Options file to similar as I do? Mine are little different as I use scripts between Scite and JdeB's tools to customize more.

###- A U T O I T  V E R S I O N  T O  R U N -###

autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..
check=prod

#~ autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\Beta
#~ check=beta

###- C O M P I L E R -###

command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /$(check) /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)" /UserParams $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
command.go.subsystem.$(file.patterns.au3)=1
command.compile.$(file.patterns.au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "$(FilePath)"
command.compile.filter.$(file.patterns.au3)=1
command.build.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /$(check) /CompileDefaults /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)"
command.build.filter.$(file.patterns.au3)=1

###- T O O L S -###

# 03 Tylo's au3check program
command.3.*.au3=$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /$(check) /AU3Check /in "$(FilePath)"
;command.3.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\au3check\au3check" "$(FilePath)"
command.name.3.$(file.patterns.au3)=SyntaxCheck
command.shortcut.3.$(file.patterns.au3)=Ctrl+F5
command.save.before.3.$(file.patterns.au3)=1

Now you can set version to use by default. The Run, Compile.... are same but the /Prod /Beta switches use the check variable. Remember that you take responsibility of adding these custom settings so ensure if you consider this when asking for help.