script running on locked pc

aria

Hi guys, I did search for more info on this topic, but the approaches suggested havent worked. So I had to start a new thread.

I have uTorrent running at home, & I want to keep it running, while the computer is locked. My ISP is known to disconnect users every 3-4 hours, and thus I have to reconnect. To make matters worse, they deliberately block offered ppoe services for a few minutes to make sure that automatic redialing does not work.

I've already written a script to fix all this, though it does not work if the pc is locked.

More specifically there are two parts that I cant fix --

1. I run raspppoe at the command line, click the 'query available services offered' so that I can proceed with invoking the dialer.

How do I send a click to this button??

I've tried this --

WinActivate ( "No Service Offers" )

ControlSend ( "No Service Offers", "", 2, "{ENTER}" )

This doesnt work, while the simple Send doesnt work either.

Is there a way to do this??

-----------------

2. The same problem exists for updating the tracker for the selected torrents. This is in uTorrent. This doesnt work ----

ControlFocus ("Torrent", "", 27)

ControlListView ( "Torrent", "", 27, "SelectAll")

Send("{APPSKEY}")

Send ("{DOWN 14}")

Send ("{ENTER}")

Yes, I have tried ControlSend too, but it gets stuck when trying to send the APPSKEY.

--------------

I hope someone can help me to get around these issues! Please note once again that everything works great if the computer is not locked. But once locked, all this fails & the script pauses.

~cheers!!

:P

Edited by aria

You need to use function that do not need active windows.

Like:

WinWait()

Control*() functions

etc

WinWaitActive(), WinActivte(), Send() and Mouse*() function are useless for locked computers as you cannot interact as you can on an active desktop.

:P

The curious thing is that if the script invokes raspppoe, using ControlSend works, though it does not work if the raspppoe window already exists (being created outside the script)

-----------

The other question is about sending the APPSKEY via ControlSend. This does not work ? The code is --

WinSetState ( "Torrent", "", @SW_SHOW )

ControlSend ( "Torrent", "", 27, "{APPSKEY}" )

The ControlListView works fine, but the APPSKEY part doesnt.

Edited by aria

Hi, yes I tried that. It still does not work when the raspppoe window was present before the script started. Anyway I can bypass that because I let the script create raspppoe & work with it. So its not a problem anymore.

The other important question remains ---

Is it possible to send an APPSKEY with a ControlSend. If not, how do I write code for the equivalent that must run inside a locked computer ??

Edited by aria

• Moderators

I assume that since you're asking that question, You've tried that as well?... If so, "how" did you try it?

ControlSend('RASPPPOE', '', 'Button1', '{APPSKEY}')
?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I assume that since you're asking that question, You've tried that as well?... If so, "how" did you try it?

ControlSend('RASPPPOE', '', 'Button1', '{APPSKEY}')
?
Here, this just selects all the torrents in the details window, its the last command that wont work -->

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

ControlSend ( "Torrent", "", 27, "{APPSKEY}" )