AutoIt3 Window must be on top and modal

carlton

I have created an AutoIt window that popup up when the user tries to open a specific application. However, I can't find the settings to make this window modal and always on top. This must be possible as VB6 does this in a few clicks!

I've searched the help and the forum and not found any joy.

I'm using the $WS_POPUPWINDOW style when creating the window, but this only seems to control the visual aspect of the window. I've used WinSetOnTop("active", "", 1) to bring the window to the top, but nothing then stops the user moving to another window.

Please help!!!

:P

• Moderators

What do you mean nothing stops a user from moving to another window? Why are you using "active" why not use your actual GUI's name or handle?

Nothing is going to stop a user from going to another window unless you hide the taskbar and make the GUI cover the entire screen while you disable task manager and the window keys at the same time.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What do you mean nothing stops a user from moving to another window? Why are you using "active" why not use your actual GUI's name or handle?

Nothing is going to stop a user from going to another window unless you hide the taskbar and make the GUI cover the entire screen while you disable task manager and the window keys at the same time.

And a few other things as well.

Basically you make a virus.