Msn & iniread

Vicks

Hello, I am wondering how could I make a script to retrieve all of my firends names on msn for example,

*like this*

vicks

*Not like this*

vicks@hotmail.com

I only would like it to get there display name not there actually email address.

ok i was also wondering if this is possable

$Window = IniRead("Friends list.ini", "Friends", "1", "NotFound")

IniRead("Friends list.ini", "Friends", "2", "NotFound")

IniRead("Friends list.ini", "Friends", "3", "NotFound")

i want $Window to read all of the inireads is this possable i hope so :P

[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

You've been a member long enough I think that you know that if you want help with "string" manipulation, that you look in the helpfile under "String"!??

$Name = 'vicks@hotmail.com'
$aSplitName = StringSplit($Name, '@')
MsgBox(64, 'Info', $aSplitName[1])

Edit:

!!! And I also showed you how to get all the names!! (IniReadSection())

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You've been a member long enough I think that you know that if you want help with "string" manipulation, that you look in the helpfile under "String"!??

$Name = 'vicks@hotmail.com'
$aSplitName = StringSplit($Name, '@')
MsgBox(64, 'Info', $aSplitName[1])

Edit:

!!! And I also showed you how to get all the names!! (IniReadSection())

i use autoit for quick fixes here and there and your wrong your script won't help i need the display name Edited by Vicks
[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

i use autoit for quick fixes here and there and your wrong your script won't help i need the display name

I'm "wrong".. then show me the right way...!

Edit:

Wait, you're right... this is probably what your looking for:

$NameIWant = 'vicks'
$NameThatIsOutThere = 'vicks@hotmail.com'
$SoYourADumbAssSoWhat = StringSplit($NameThatIsOutThere, '@')
MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'So what you are saying is this is not the right output that you are looking for? >>>> ' & $SoYourADumbAssSoWhat[1] & ' ???')
Right? Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'm "wrong".. then show me the right way...!

Edit:

Wait, you're right... this is probably what your looking for:

$NameIWant = 'vicks'
$NameThatIsOutThere = 'vicks@hotmail.com'
$SoYourADumbAssSoWhat = StringSplit($NameThatIsOutThere, '@')
MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'So what you are saying is this is not the right output that you are looking for? >>>> ' & $SoYourADumbAssSoWhat[1] & ' ???')
Right?
if i have offened you by saying your wrong im sorry but please do not be a dick about it. but you must of not heard me correctly, in Msn i want peoples display names if you remove @hotmail.com that doesn't make it a Display name, msn lets your set your personal Display name, do you see were im going with this now :nuke:

if you have msn open it, and check if your friends have display names it could look like this "Yo Spot me 20grams homey" :P anyways i want to make a script that opens msn and wirtes down each persons display name

[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

if i have offened you by saying your wrong im sorry but please do not be a dick about it. but you must of not heard me correctly, in Msn i want peoples display names if you remove @hotmail.com that doesn't make it a Display name, msn lets your set your personal Display name, do you see were im going with this now :nuke:

if you have msn open it, and check if your friends have display names it could look like this "Yo Spot me 20grams homey" :P anyways i want to make a script that opens msn and wirtes down each persons display name

No what pisses me off ... (yeah I said pisses)... Is you ask one question, you get the "right/correct/only" answer, but... you have a hidden meaning in your question, although the answer is "exactly" what you asked, you were hoping to get something else.

No what pisses me off ... (yeah I said pisses)... Is you ask one question, you get the "right/correct/only" answer, but... you have a hidden meaning in your question, although the answer is "exactly" what you asked, you were hoping to get something else.

opps never re-read my first post :P i see what your talking about, im sorry didn't notice, i though everyone would know what i am talking about since i said display names since alot of people use msn.

hmm autoit rule 1245 read your post before posting ill remember that one :nuke:

[s]Autoit[/s]