Display MSGBOX but still have script continue?

MrChris

In looking at the help for the MSGBOX function I did not find an answer for what I was after.

How would I display a MSGBOX and still have the script continue without closing the MSGBOX until the script has finished?

Or would it be better to use the progress bar?

Many thanks,

MrChris

Edited by MrChris

Thanks for the help SmOke_N yet again. Let me rephrase the question a little.

My MSGBOX does not ask a yes or no question but rather a OK button to continue. I know how to make the script continue after pressing OK but was hoping there was a way I would be able to have some type of Message be displayed while something is happening in the backround per my script.

In other words I have my script use the RunWait function with the SW_HIDE option and it sometimes takes about a minute or so for it to continue and was hopeing to notify the user that it is working and to be paitent and then notify them when it is done or something to that nature.

Hope this makes a little more sense.

MrChris

• Moderators

Thanks for the help SmOke_N yet again. Let me rephrase the question a little.

My MSGBOX does not ask a yes or no question but rather a OK button to continue. I know how to make the script continue after pressing OK but was hoping there was a way I would be able to have some type of Message be displayed while something is happening in the backround per my script.

In other words I have my script use the RunWait function with the SW_HIDE option and it sometimes takes about a minute or so for it to continue and was hopeing to notify the user that it is working and to be paitent and then notify them when it is done or something to that nature.

Hope this makes a little more sense.

MrChris

Did you bother to even run it? It does what you asked... Next time someone posts something, try before you stick your foot in your mouth... In one of my quotes "Just do it before you become the "Butt of a Valik Quote"". Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

You could just fake the message box with a separate GuiCreate.

Yeah... but that was the standard answer 6 months ago :P

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.