Disable Keyboard?

PantZ4

gafrost blockinput() blocks the mouse and keyboard, i don't think autoit supports blockin gonly keyboard yet

The call that BlockInput uses is the Microsoft api I believe, and it doesn't support just keyboard.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

AutoIt supports a maximum of 64 simultaneous hotkeys, so you will need to divide every key over a number of scripts

That depends on how you write the code :P

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you block the mouse from a gui? Like make it go busy/wait when it hoovers over a gui while its performing a function then make it go back to normal when the function is completed.

I think what your asking about is not blocking the mouse, just changing the cursor.

You'll need to look at a few functions

GUICtrlSetCursor

GUISetCursor

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I think what your asking about is not blocking the mouse, just changing the cursor.

You'll need to look at a few functions

GUICtrlSetCursor

GUISetCursor

Thanks that was it. Silly me (once again). That does what I want it to do but I'm not getting the results from the gui that I like. I'm using the mousehoover udf to display what controls do by use of the statusbartext calls. When the user clicks on the button to execute what they have selected to be performed the statusbar still gets updated when the mouse goes over the controls even if the gui is disabled or mouse is busy/wait.

I'll see what else I can do but if you have any thoughts.