Silent Install without logging into remote pc

Guest Hanszilla

Guest Hanszilla

Okay, first off AutoIT ROCKS! After working with it for an hour I was able to create a script to install a software package with 7 seven seperate modules from a shared network drive. AND this was the first script that I've ever written!!!

Now onto my problem. I'm working with a software distribution package called RemoteScope, which is an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME utility for anyone running ANY kind of network! I setup remotescope to run my script on a remote machine at a certain time and if I'm logged into the remote machine, everything works GREAT! BUT, if I'm logged out of the machine and it just sitting there waiting at a login prompt, the script won't run until I login to the remote pc.

My script contains basic commands like run("\\sharedrive\setup.exe"), winwaitactive ("windowname") and send"({enter}") commands. The software package I'm trying to install doesn't support msi files or other "silent" installation formats, but it is installed by install wise software. Is there a command that I can put at the beginning of my script to run this whether I'm logged into the pc or not? Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Guest Guest

Set the Sheduled task to run with Admin priviledges. You can also use the IsAdmin() func to check before install or maybe check and see if the logon prompt window is active and then send you credentials.

Just some ideas :D

You'll probably also want to look at the Control* functions in the helpfile. These functions allow you to interact (send text, click, etc) on windows that you don't have focus to including minimized and hidden windows. It may be especially useful if someone else happens to be using the computer at that time while your script is running. It also allows you to start each window in a hidden state, and then not even have to deal with them poping up for a truely silent install.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hanszilla

Would it be possible to get an example of a "silent" controlled script like your talking about for the following SIMPLE script?

Run("\\Servername\directory\SubDirectory\setup.exe")

WinWaitActive("FSP Version 17.0m")

Send("{enter}")

WinWaitActive("Financial Services Platform")

Send("{enter}")

WinWaitActive("Financial Services Platform")

Send("{enter}")

WinWaitActive("Install")

Send("{enter}")

WinWaitActive("Form Design")

send("{tab}")

send("{enter}")

WinWaitActive("Thank You!")

Send("{enter}")

WinWaitClose("Thank You!")

send ("#r")

winwaitactive("Run")

sleep(300)

send("net send DOODLES Hey It Worked")

send("{enter}")

Thanks!

• Developers

Would it be possible to get an example of a "silent" controlled script like your talking about for the following SIMPLE script?

To make it "silent", you would need to know the controlnames to which you want to send data of click on. You only gave the window titles, but you need to check with AU3_SPY.exe the controlnames...

Just check out the helpfile section "Using AutoIt\AutoIt window Spy"...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)