Reading game memory?

Skrip

For those of you who say "Search it" I did, and came up with nothing. I thought I saw a thread about this a while back but I can't find it.

--

How do you read the memory of a game? Such as the "TSearch" program. Select a process-enter number to search-add change to the number-find the number-change memory for number.

Such as being able to give yourself gold in a game. (Local game)

--

Is it possible to use autoit to read the memory of a game?

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

mmm, search for Peek & Poke Memory or something similar and you might find something

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Hmm, I see...

I don't really get that.

I'm doing this for a monitor thing, for a game called fable I will have a gui that will display stats and stuff. The address for gold is B679264 i'll have it like this

Gold: Result of B679264 then it'll be under a while so it will update.

How would I do that?

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I have never used the dll myself so I'm unsure how to do that.

In case your confused about the link I gave you, this is the specific post I was talking about

I'll see if I can figure out how you'd get info like that by playing around with the dll

Edited by Xenogis

Yeah, I saw that post. I tried it. Meh I see what it's talking about but I don't know how i'd do what I said in post 4. Thanks for helping! :P

Edited by Firestorm

a very nice include I personally used to read autoit process memory is available here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...1&hl=Diablo

the functions are pretty well explained, but the only thing that you are missing (or maby you arent but its not in ur post) is the size of the variable (you need to know if the gold amount is stored on a word, dword, etc..)

you call _MemoryOpen() then _MemoryRead() then you should be set up!