Newbie Needs assist

Hi all,

Just intalled software, have an idea for application, but not sure how or where to start.

Would appreciate the assist.

Here's my idea; :P:nuke:

In a text file or INI file have a random name already entered (one per line), have the program them prompt for the number of random selections from this list of names, and write it out to another text file.

Now it gets a little more interesting, once I run the app again, I need to be able to select only from the remaining names in the list for the next group.

If I knew more about the GUI portion of AutoItv3 and have the list of names on one side and then enter the number of random anmes to pick and have them moved to the right into another window and then be able to save them out to a text file would be ideal. (Never hurts to dream right?)

I'm not sure even where to get started on this idea, so if someone could walk me through it I really appreciate it, this way I can learn.

Thanks in advance for the assist in getting started.

LN

look at the helpfile for FileWrite(), FileWriteLine(), FileRead(), FileReadLine(), INIRead(), INIWrite() and any associated functions and examples. You need to learn how to use AutoIt before doing a task that can be taken by someone who has learned the basics.

Devoted tutoring is not what we do here, but rather to help with issues along the way. "Just installed software" is a sure sign that you need to read through the helpfile and absorb the information. I would not expect you to read through the helpfile in anytime quick. Practising the examples in your editor is also a way to help you learn some of the language.

Idea's are good, but you need ability to achieve them. Atleast the basic ability.

Good luck

:P

Edited by MHz

look at the helpfile for FileWrite(), FileWriteLine(), FileRead(), FileReadLine(), INIRead(), INIWrite() and any associated functions and examples. You need to learn how to use AutoIt before doing a task that can be taken by someone who has learned the basics.

Devoted tutoring is not what we do here, but rather to help with issues along the way. "Just installed software" is a sure sign that you need to read through the helpfile and absorb the information. I would not expect you to read through the helpfile in anytime quick. Practising the examples in your editor is also a way to help you learn some of the language.

Idea's are good, but you need ability to achieve them. Atleast the basic ability.

Good luck

:P

Sounds fair enough...

Will check back later...

What i did was the following things:

Did the tutorials...

Examened the examples..

What you realy need to do is install scite, this is a great help!

You just need to get the hang of autoit...

Edited by raedts