EnCodeIt 2.0

SmOke_N

Auw this hurts. Im back at work where we have proxied internet connection. EncodeIt seems not prepared voor checking over a proxied connection. I tested using a proxy config script in IE, a static proxy setting in IE and last but not least installed the ISA firewall client. To my suprise even the latter didnt pick up the connection request.

Is there a chance to put in a lil proxy option form. Im a system administrator and use autoit mainly at work. Encoding at work is not possible now and my guess is this could be an issue(if you hold on the the online check at startup ;-) ) for a majority of systemadmins cause the chances are real that most off em work over proxied connections.

Creator

Just tested this for Smoke here at work, we have a proxied connection here also.

It worked 100% for me.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1905Russel, I'm curious if you even bothred to read what I posted 10 hours before you posted this?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=232687

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=231190

I explained your problem in that post without even seeing that you were having that specific problem... (Not yours specific just people in general).

It's a result of a poor coding style (Poor as EnCodeIt sees it).

@Wooltown, been working on my other project (my real one :lol:) all night, hadn't bothered to check here... I'm a bit tired, so I'll have to see what I can do about your situation and the Proxie situation someone else posted before.

I did not looked at what you had to say in between calling me bad stuff and later erased it. I tried to focus on my problem at hand and not what you had to say.

I have not yet bothered, as you always put it, to check your new links, but I will and looking forward to it. When I told you 30 hours ago that there was a problem, then for sure there was a problem or a good chance of one. I told you this and instead of saying 30 hours ago, check all the logic in your encoded if statements because that's the first place everyone bothers to look, you became belligerent and verbally abusive. I was really trying to help and I did it seems and I did not deserve your foul attitude especially when you were wrong. This has been going on between you and I, since I started here. I propose we wipe the slate clean, what was was and try and help each other from now on for the betterment of everyone.

Edited by 1905russell

Since i to lazy to search the thread through to see if you got a answer on the gui look im just gonna ask "Have anyone got the right answer?"

Sry to lazy to read it on a 6" pda screen would take 20 minutes

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! you’re the best in town Fight!

• Moderators

I did not looked at what you had to say in between calling me bad stuff and later erased it. I tried to focus on my problem at hand and not what you had to say.

I have not yet bothered, as you always put it, to check your new links, but I will and looking forward to it. When I told you 30 hours ago that there was a problem, then for sure there was a problem or a good chance of one. I told you this and instead of saying 30 hours ago, check all the logic in your encoded if statements because that's the first place everyone bothers to look, you became belligerent and verbally abusive. I was really trying to help and I did it seems and I did not deserve your foul attitude especially when you were wrong. This has been going on between you and I, since I started here. I propose we wipe the slate clean, what was was and try and help each other from now on for the betterment of everyone.

1905... Here it is my problem since your "day" one

You seem to "think" that you don't need to provide anything, that your run-on sentence paragraph structure is enough information for anyone to give a correct or an educated answer to the problem at hand... I dont' know about the rest of the forum, but I stop reading about the 2nd sentence in, and take a guess on what your asking, and even then, I try to stay away from answering you because of how you talked to me the very first thread you ever posted in (Take my functions, tell me that yours does what you want, and my doesn't, and you will post what you have done so far (Still haven't seen that post).

If you had heart pains, and went to the doctor, how would you expect them to determine the cause of those pains.... simply listen to what you... the one with out the medical license tells them is the problem, or would you expect them to listen to what you say is hurting, and do a "total" examination of you to figure specifically what the problem(s) is/are? This way you walk out with antacid 9 times out of 10 rather than a scheduled date for open heart surgery... or if need be, the open heart surgery.

Imagine your script is the patient, I'm the doctor, you can tell me everything that you "think" is wrong, but I'm not going to make an educated guess on the problem without doing a "total" examination of the patient (script). That way I don't make a wrong prognosis, and more importantly don't waiste my time (after all, this is free... if you want me to charge for it, I'll be more than happy to listen to all the BS).

So a slate clean? Sure, just start providing what people ask for to solve your problems, and the slate will be clean with me. Had you provided that 30 hours ago, you're problem would have been found and told you how to fix it in 30 "seconds".

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Since i to lazy to search the thread through to see if you got a answer on the gui look im just gonna ask "Have anyone got the right answer?"

Sry to lazy to read it on a 6" pda screen would take 20 minutes

What is that question rambo...seems you were too lazy to use the right keys on the keyboard as well :), because I can't understand any of that!!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Just tested this for Smoke here at work, we have a proxied connection here also.

It worked 100% for me.

Hmm....i will look closer to my problem when im back at work monday.

Today no connection was esteblished in any way...could be something on my local system of course, but it seemed that EncodeIt did find our proxy(isa server).

Creator

I didnt know what your program's problem was, so I tried to ask you if you were having speed problems (because the end results looked similar). I then located the problem to a variable hanging on a send, hoping this was going to help. What else do you expect from me - my if statements are in the middle of a script and there is no way I would even consider that your program was screwing up the if statements. Your work is usually fantastic. You expected me to figure this out in 30 seconds? You asked me to isolate your error and I did as fast as I could. Anyway stop trying to shift the blame; this is not the way of the clean slate. Please. Lets communicate somewhere else when I'll have my next question for you soon I hope.

Edited by 1905russell

Okay Sry ill try agian.

Im using my fathers PDA/Gps which only have a 6 inch monitor and using a wireless connection with download speed at 5 kb/S. And im asking if you have posted the way u made the GUI look that nice?. Because im too lazy to look through all those post with the GPS. it would take over 20 minutes

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! you’re the best in town Fight!

• Moderators

Okay Sry ill try agian.

Im using my fathers PDA/Gps which only have a 6 inch monitor and using a wireless connection with download speed at 5 kb/S. And im asking if you have posted the way u made the GUI look that nice?. Because im too lazy to look through all those post with the GPS. it would take over 20 minutes

No I haven't....

• Moderators

May i give it to them?

xxx Edited by SmOke_N

@gafrost: Are you sure its proxied. Or do u mean shared.

Do you have to fill in the proxy in your browsers settings? Smoke_n told me he has not implemented proxy detection, so it does seem strange EncodeIt detects yours. Are you maybe using a proxy client?

Sorry for the many questions in 1 post, but i really like to find out a way to use EncodeIt @work.

Creator

We have Proxy at work as well, or rather a configuration script that calculates the nearest proxy from the location you are in,.

And it works? Just asking cause we also use a automatic configuration script @work. If it works on your side with proxyscript, i know i have to look for the answer in our proxy-settings(maybe mime filters).

Creator

@gafrost: Are you sure its proxied. Or do u mean shared.

Do you have to fill in the proxy in your browsers settings? Smoke_n told me he has not implemented proxy detection, so it does seem strange EncodeIt detects yours. Are you maybe using a proxy client?

Sorry for the many questions in 1 post, but i really like to find out a way to use EncodeIt @work.

Creator

At over 16 years in the IT field I'm sure it's proxied.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

And it works? Just asking cause we also use a automatic configuration script @work. If it works on your side with proxyscript, i know i have to look for the answer in our proxy-settings(maybe mime filters).

Creator

Are they written to the reg when configured?

Are they written to the reg when configured?

With IE they are.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

If you use autoconfig proxyscript: value: AutoConfigURL(url to the download location of the proxyscript)

If you use static proxy: value: ProxyServer(server:port)

To check if proxysettings are enabled: value: ProxyEnable(1 on, 0 off)

Creator

At over 16 years in the IT field I'm sure it's proxied.

I didnt mean to offend you or question your experience, im sorry if i did.

Its just that i need such detailed information to tackle this problem, i just asked to be sure.

Are you using browser settings for proxy or a proxy client?

You have to agree that it sounds strange that a program, which is totally unaware of the existance of a proxy gateway to the internet, can find its way to the internet from a LAN. So im hoping you are using a proxyclient, that would explain it all.

Creator

I didnt mean to offend you or question your experience, im sorry if i did.

Its just that i need such detailed information to tackle this problem, i just asked to be sure.

Are you using browser settings for proxy or a proxy client?

You have to agree that it sounds strange that a program, which is totally unaware of the existance of a proxy gateway to the internet, can find its way to the internet from a LAN. So im hoping you are using a proxyclient, that would explain it all.

Creator

Browser Settings for proxy

Edited by gafrost