divide a string by spaces and quotes

lets say i have a string:

I am a "very nice" person

Then I want to divide it by spaces, Eaasy enough. But then I want to make "very nice" one param beecause it is in quotes. The same way $CmdLine divides params. How could I do this?

(I am sure this is a very basic question, but I haven't used autoit in awhile :P)

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

• Moderators

lets say i have a string:

I am a "very nice" person

Then I want to divide it by spaces, Eaasy enough. But then I want to make "very nice" one param beecause it is in quotes. The same way $CmdLine divides params. How could I do this?

(I am sure this is a very basic question, but I haven't used autoit in awhile :P)

I'm curious... what are you making that you would need to do this?

Constants?... Is it always "words word" or 'words word' and the quotes never have quotes within themselves like "words ""word"""?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i want a way to save data but encrypted just like an ini except encrypted, but i guess i could just encrypt an ini, couldn't i? :P

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

• Moderators

i want a way to save data but encrypted just like an ini except encrypted, but i guess i could just encrypt an ini, couldn't i? :P

LOL, yeah you could, and it would be much faster... what your asking is not "easy" per sayy, I do it in EnCodeIt... but the event is fairly complex to make, although looking at it when it's finished it doesn't seem like much.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

LOL, yeah you could, and it would be much faster... what your asking is not "easy" per sayy, I do it in EnCodeIt... but the event is fairly complex to make, although looking at it when it's finished it doesn't seem like much.

yes ok lol, I'll just encode an ini :P

thanks lol

• Moderators

yes ok lol, I'll just encode an ini :P

thanks lol

Geeze, I just made the function you were asking for... I didn't take care of possible double quotes in it, and it was no less than 35 lines.

Geeze, I just made the function you were asking for... I didn't take care of possible double quotes in it, and it was no less than 35 lines.

ok show it lol. i already have everything made except that one function, anyway :P