Simple Fileinstall help

For one reason or anouther, no matter what i do, I am not getting fileinstall to work. I hate it and it hates me so since I've basically given up on figguring it out, can somebody write a fileinstall for the file C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\PS Beta\hook.dll and just have the destination be ... C:\PS . I know that there's info about this in the helpfile but no matter what I try and write, It refuses to work for me so can somebody who knows how to use this just write this one line for me please. thanks.

I'm guessing you mean C:\PS\hook.dll as destination. Try to understand this

that I wrote recently, and you should easily be able to make it yourself :P

FileInstall("source", "dest" , flag)

1. When running a non-compiled script "source" is copied to "dest".

2. When compiling a script "source" is copied into the script.

3. When running a compiled script the included file is copied to "dest" when

the FileInstall-line is reached.

• Moderators

If the file is currently located here:

"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\PS Beta\hook.dll"

Then other than the extra space on the end of yours after .dll I see no reason why it wouldn't...unless the directory C:\PS doesn't exist.... might want to put a , 1 after it.

FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\PS Beta\hook.dll","C:\PS\hook.dll", 1)oÝ÷ Ø÷«²Ú­+"²0#
.Ü+×¢µ«­¢+Ø)%9½Ð¥±á¥ÍÑÌ¡!½µÉ¥ÙµÀìÌäìÀäÈíALÀäÈí¡½½¬¹±°Ìäì¤Q¡¸(%9½Ð¥±á¥ÍÑÌ¡!½µÉ¥ÙµÀìÌäìÀäÈíALÌäì¤Q¡¸¥É
ÉÑ¡!½µÉ¥ÙµÀìÌäìÀäÈíALÌäì¤(¥±%¹Íѱ° ÅÕ½ÐíèÀäÈí½Õµ¹Ñ̹MÑÑ¥¹ÌÀäÈí!A}µ¥¹¥ÍÑÉѽÈÀäÈíͭѽÀÀäÈíAL    ÑÀäÈí¡½½¬¹±°ÅÕ½Ðì°!½µÉ¥ÙµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈíALÀäÈí¡½½¬¹±°ÅÕ½Ðì°Ä¤)¹%
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.