Start up.

lolp1

Hello, I'm making a small program to assist me in my work. I am trying to figure out how to get it to start up every time I start the computer, but can't find a solution, any help would be greatfull;).

(Code even nicer!!)

I had the same problem and I used control panel, scheduled tasks... Then obviously you shedule it for everytime the computer turns on... (or in my case everytime I log on)

Piano_Man

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• Moderators

Hello, I'm making a small program to assist me in my work. I am trying to figure out how to get it to start up every time I start the computer, but can't find a solution, any help would be greatfull;).

(Code even nicer!!)

Putting it in the Startup directory is a good start... if you don't know where yours is,
MsgBox(64, 'Your Startup Directory', @StartupDir)
Like an echo in here today, I've already answered this question once :P

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

You could always write it to your registry... but if you didn't know about your startup directory, I'd be afraid to give you the code for messing with your registry :P

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I like tempting people in to messing with their registry. :P

RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run', 'MyApp', 'REG_SZ', 'c:\PathTo\MyApp.exe')

Changing 'MyApp' and 'c:\PathTo\MyApp.exe'

this is the best way anyways.. i always do the same aswell.

but experienced people will be able to remove it anyways.

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

Hey, I just looked at this. Can someone explain to me how this works exzactly, so I can understand more of what it is doing?

RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run', 'MyApp', 'REG_SZ', 'c:\PathTo\MyApp.exe')

but if you didn't know about your startup directory

I knew about it, I was basicly asking for a way for the Auto it program to make it start up on start up. (EG: Reg writeing)

• Moderators

Hey, I just looked at this. Can someone explain to me how this works exzactly, so I can understand more of what it is doing?

I knew about it, I was basicly asking for a way for the Auto it program to make it start up on start up. (EG: Reg writeing)

http://www.developermania.com/dm/Articles/...px?ArticleID=18

http://www.pcmech.com/show//164/

Thanks, so if I put this in my script:

It will make it so every time they start there comp it will start up with it?

• Moderators

Thanks, so if I put this in my script:

It will make it so every time they start there comp it will start up with it?

Nothing quite like trying something :)