More Complex Window Title/Text matching problem

Guest kwlandry

Guest kwlandry

Folks,

While coding the winsetstate function I noticed the window title and text were more complex than the function could handle. How do I go about coding to match a window with the following characteristics?

window title = "" (Null)

window text =

Installing

Copying files.

Progress1

< &Back

Finish

Cancel

Help

Note that each of these entries is on a new line, neither the Crimson nor Notepad editor allow the hex equivalent to be pasted, they translate the code to a new line and the script won't interpret cleanly, it gets errors.

So, How do I code text to match this window?

Currently I'm using classname=#32770 to get around the null title issue. Any solutions more elegant greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

K. W.

well, I'd normally just pick one line of the text to look for, like "Installing" or "Copying Files" I suppose that if you have to look for all of the text, you'd want to figure out if it's using @LF, @CR or @CRLF...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

Guest kwlandry

Emmanuel,

Thanks, I'd like to be able to choose just the least piece that would drive the script but in this instance it must be exact, there's no room for error if the wrong window is driven. Myself and one or two others will be looking for a new position if this isn't defined to within an inch of its life.

How would I code the @CR, @CRLF, @LF into the text matching field?

Something Like:

WinSetState("classname=#32770", "Installing" & @CRLF & "Copying files." & @CRLF & "Progress1" & @CRLF & "< &Back" & @CRLF & "Finish" & @CRLF & "Cancel" & @CRLF & "Help", @SW_HIDE)

Will that work? Let's see.......

Thanks,

K. W.

Something Like:

WinSetState("classname=#32770", "Installing" & @CRLF & "Copying files." & @CRLF & "Progress1" & @CRLF & "< &Back" & @CRLF & "Finish" & @CRLF & "Cancel" & @CRLF & "Help", @SW_HIDE)

yeah, something like that... I'd look to someone more experianced with window scrapes for info on how to tell which next line handle a app is using. or, just test to see which works.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)