Code to maximize all open windows ...?

I imagine you could use WinList, Loop thru the list and use and WinSetState

Edit: Maybe something like the example:

$var = WinList()

For $i = 1 to $var[0][0]
  ; Only display visble windows that have a title
  If $var[$i][0] <> "" AND IsVisible($var[$i][1]) Then
     WinSetState($var[$i][0],"", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
  EndIf
Next

Func IsVisible($handle)
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then 
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf

EndFunc
Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Hi, nothing worked. I tried a script first minimizing then undoing the minimize and although the windows minimize then un-minimized, they never maximized.

Is there not any AI code to maximize windows?

TIA. :P

Have you tried the short script I posted above?

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Have you tried the short script I posted above?

Very weird. I only posted the message once, before yours had appeared, yet I see that my post is here twice. Hmmm, very, very odd! <g>

Anyway, great when I came back to check right now to find your post and this most excellent script!

Yes, it worked like a charm! You just saved me a lot of looking time and some cash because I've lived with this Windows lack for years but was determined to finally find a solution. And this scripts looks like it's just the thing!

I even tested it just now by taking off the "full size" of each window I currently have open by clicking the middle box of the three in each open windows' upper right-hand corner. Then I minimized everything with the WinKey+M and then launched the script. AI not only maximized everything but also to full size, just as needed. Most sublime!

Thanks and sorry about whatever glitch happend to send my message twice here. <g>

This was very disappointing <sigh>. The code works perfectly here at the office but when I take it home, it doesn't work there on my older OS. So in other words, it works in Win2K but not in Win98SE.

Do you, by any chance, know how to fix so that it does? I stupidly forgot to bring the error msg and can try it again tomorrow and make of note of it and bring tomorrow (currently w/o internet at home while waiting for new provider hookup otherwise I'd do this from home), but thought I'd post this msg today anyway just in case you or someone else knew the answer.

I know for simple scripts the little differences to make things work between OSs but I couldn't see how to fix this script here.

Thanks much!