GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Here is Czech language file updated from 1.7.2.8 (this version is bundled with Koda 1.7.3.0) to 1.7.3.0

changes:

- encoding changed from "iso-8859-1" to "windows-1250"

- added 1 new translated string <msgFileNotExists>

BUG in Koda default english language file

In original english LNG file this string is gramatically incorrect:

<msgFileNotExists>File &quot;%s&quot; is not exists.</msgFileNotExists>

it should be:

<msgFileNotExists>File &quot;%s&quot; not exists.</msgFileNotExists>

or

<msgFileNotExists>File &quot;%s&quot; doesn't exist.</msgFileNotExists>

I'm not sure which one is better/correct I'm just sure that original text is completely wrong

Someone better in English should say which one use and fix it in Koda.

lang_cze.xml.zip

Edited by Zedna

re: grammar

doesn't exist

or does not exist

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 1 month later...

Little cosmetic bug:

In Object Inspector there are colored some properties:

- Properties which can be linked to other controls to red

- Events to green --> at UpDown/Slider/Progress controls Min,Max property is badly colored to green (it's not event)

Also Min could be before Max as it's more logic order

Edited by Zedna

• 2 weeks later...

The download link is broken! Also, why is this only available in 1 place?

If you download the full Scite4AutoIt3 installer, or zip file, you will get the latest version of Koda. Also, I just tested the download link from the original post, and it's still working for me.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 2 weeks later...

There is some diferent behaviour for coloring of GroupBox controls at design time in Koda

compared to how they are colored in AutoIt at runtime.

See attached screenshots ...

I don't know if it's bug in Koda or bug in AutoIt, which behaviour is correct one.

code:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 263, 168, 192, 114)
GUISetBkColor(0x008080)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Group1", 24, 16, 185, 105)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

post-6483-0-51601400-1339887696_thumb.pn

post-6483-0-48877000-1339887709_thumb.pn

Edited by Zedna

Hi. thanks for the app. i created a form but the menu does not show up.

i can only see the input box.

thanks

#include
#include
#include
#include
Opt("GUIResizeMode", $GUI_DOCKAUTO+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHCENTER+$GUI_DOCKVCENTER+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)
Opt("GUIResizeMode", $GUI_DOCKAUTO+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHCENTER+$GUI_DOCKVCENTER+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:usersgelsidocumentsform.kxf
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 191, 122)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input1", 80, 216, 337, 21)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 104, 352, 41, 33)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 288, 352, 65, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by gelsi

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i have made many GUI's with AutoIT and with Koda. but for some reason, now im getting an error message whenever i try and preview the form i have just created.

first computer: when i click Run form preview, it bring up an error message saying:

"Cannot create file ...file directory... Access is denied

Exception Address 0041FA05

Information about Source of Exception

Unit:

Method:

Line:0

now the second computer: when i click Run form preview, some windows pop up and close instantly then a test.au3 is open in SciTE with the forms code. now this isnt really THAT big of a deal but it dumb because i have to close Koda just to run the test.au3 and if i need to change something, i have to re-open koda and go find the temp file test.au3

any suggestions??

If you download the full Scite4AutoIt3 installer, or zip file, you will get the latest version of Koda. Also, I just tested the download link from the original post, and it's still working for me.

I just downloaded installer autoit-v3.2.8.1 and Koda was not installed. Which is why I am here looking for it.

You didn't read that post you quoted very well, you need to download the Scite4AutoIt3 installer to get the Koda install.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You didn't read that post you quoted very well, you need to download the Scite4AutoIt3 installer to get the Koda install.

So sorry, You are right I can not read well at all.

It was very confusing with a lot of buttons to choose from. I must have choosed a bad one. I did get the right download

from the link you posted. Thank you.

Now for my feeble brain, For the life of me. How to you get

While 1
 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
 Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
  Case $Icon1
   ControlClick("$Icon1", "", ShellExecuteWait("C:0aTestlvl3.exe", "","C:0aTest", "")
  ;$GameStart= ControlClick ShellExecuteWait("C:0aTestlvl3.exe", "","C:0aTest", "")
   ; ShellExecuteWait("C:0aTestChina2a.exe", "","C:0aTest", "")
;ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button [, clicks [, x [, y]]]] )
;MouseClick ( "button" [, x, y [, clicks [, speed]]] )
to run the file please?

I can use it to make buttons all day. that make message boxes, but how to run a program from a icon or button?

example.

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Play
$Sound = _SoundOpen(@WindowsDir & "mediatada.wav") ; Replace this directory with the directory of your sound.
_SoundPlay($Sound) ; This will play the sound that you called as a variable earlier.
Case $Stop
_SoundStop($Sound) ; Stop the sound if it is currently playing.
_SoundClose($Sound) ; Close the sound that you opened earlier.
EndSwitch
WEnd

this works fine, but in all the help files I have read $Sound = _SoundOpen I can not find a

User Defined Function Reference

for how to run a file.

please i really need a example. I have looked to the google and forums for 3 days now and am very flustrated,

Help please?

If you need to run a file, look at Run/RunAs/RunWait/RunAsWait/ShellExecute/ShellExecuteWait in the help file, no UDFs needed for any of those. The help file, when opened from Scite includes the help file for the UDFs.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

timmy2,

Have you read my response in your thread about this? Such a button is a checkbox with the $BS_PUSHLIKE style. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Yes, but since you seem to be on record as having said you don't use Koda or have any experience with it I assumed you were the wrong person to ask about using it. I didn't want to just walk away from Koda and have to learn how to do graphical buttons manually (per your code in the other thread) unless someone with Koda experience tells me custom buttons and states are impossible. Not to dismiss your help at all -- it is greatly appreciated.

timmy2,

Have you read my response in your thread about this? Such a button is a checkbox with the $BS_PUSHLIKE style. ;)

M23

• 2 months later...

Hi Lazycat Posted Image

WooooW! great work! I always think that Autoit need some utility like this one inside it! But this one is more than I expected! Posted Image

I like the fact It can Import au3 files that did not build with it! I'm new at Autoit world and I will start to use your great utility and I will inform you If I did find any bugs or ...!

Thanks again for great job Posted Image

Teach Others to learn more yourself

My eBooks and Articles in Persian: IgImAx Home! * and more here