GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Hi JLogan,

There is not any code yet, this is just the initial setting up of a form in Koda. It has not yet been saved to Autoit.

I'm just trying to find out if there is something like a %num% syntax for numbers in the same manner that %var% works for strings.

Thank you

@millisys

What you want to achieve is not supported by Koda and Lazycat as Koda's developer is not here anymore.

Koda helps to visually design AutoIt's forms and generate AU3 code for such GUIs.

It's not meant for any dynamic or non-GUI code.

You have to manually modify generated GUI code in such case.

Edited by Zedna

Hello,

When creating groups & putting stuff inside them, then changing the font to something (does not matter wich font) Koda randomly ignores some of the labels, checkboxes and so on, and does not put the GUICtrlSetFont for the variable when generating code. Tried with both using -1 and non-1 variants for variables , same results. It skips some of them for unknown reason.

It's not that much pain in the a$$ to add them by hand, but wondering what might be wrong. I tried with a new form, opened some old ones i have and added stuffs to them, problem exist. 

Using version 1.7.3.0 build 252

Any suggestions ?

• 4 weeks later...

Today I discovered limitation of Koda:

In Koda you can't change order of existing TabItems in Tab control.

I hope I haven't overlooked it somewhere, I searched a lot but it seems it can't be done inside Koda GUI designer,

it can be done only by manual editing either of Koda's KXF file or generated AU3 code.

:(

EDIT:

I got answer for my problem/question:

You can change tabs order, but this is only done with keyboard: choose the tab needed and use Alt+Arrows to rearrange it.

I tested it and it really works.

Koda is really great tool which I use a lot.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Zedna

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with 1.7.2.1

The attached form doesn't load back into Koda correctly. It was designed with 1.7.2.1 and other forms seem ok but this one becomes impossible to edit and the form cannot be dragged (in Koda). The script runs fine and I've tried recreating the form by importing from the design code of the script.
I have tried it with poFixed and poDesigned.

• 1 month later...

hi Lazycat

designer is awesome, it reminds me wonderful time programming in Delphi, thank you for this good designer!

i have a bug report:

cant create modal window with style keys: WS_DLGFRAME, WS_SYSMENU, WS_CAPTION

if i choose WS_DLGFRAME then WS_CAPTION disables and vice versa

WS_OVERLAPPED does not remove in any cases.

• 4 weeks later...

Your bug report needs to be redirected to Microsoft I think :)

Have a look at the definition of windows styles

WS_DLGFRAME   Creates a window with a double border but no title.

So you cannot have a caption and the WS_DLGFRAME style.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 1 year later...

LazyCat, Hi, maybe you should share Koda's sources over here, so someone can continue programming your project ? What do you think about that ?

Будет обидно если сурсы потеряются и труд пойдет на смарку, как думаешь ?

Edited by Enforcer
[RU] Zone

• 5 months later...

It's possibly the load of au3 files it's no more working on koda ?? I have created a previous .au3 from koda to scite. But before to close all i don't have saved the kxf files (damn...).

Now i have tryed to load directly the .au3 files...... but nothings appends... and nothings it's been opened...... how i can fix this ?

*EDIT*

Apparently the files it's no more appears on "All supported format"  . I have also tryed to select manually au3 and my files appears... selected.. press on "open" but apparently nothigs has been loaded.....

*EDIT 2*

Apparently the Import:

http://koda.darkhost.ru/wiki/doku.php?id=koda:en:documentation:file_import_autoit_gui

Working good.

Edited by DjDiabolik

• 1 month later...

Hello:

I'm new to both AutoIt and Koda, so my questions may indicate a lack of some basic knowledge...

I used Koda for the first time a couple days ago and it makes it very easy to create gui's.  A couple things I couldn't figure out.  Like with a Combo Box, probably be similar with a List Box... is there a way to tell Koda, like perhaps in the string editor?, that you want one of the entries to be a default entry.  I did figure out how to do it in the AutoIt code generated by Koda, but then if you make changes to the Koda gui file, it doesn't know about those changes you made to the generated AutoIt code, so every time you make a change to the gui in Koda you have to go through the generated AutoIt code and set the default entries again.  I suppose one workaround is just to finish everything about the gui first, then generate the code and only then put in your default entries.  But, is there some way to tell Koda you want to make one of the entries a default entry?

Another thing... this might be AutoIt, or even GUI creation, both of which I have little experience with...  When I make a Combo Box, say ComboBox1, Koda, or AutoIt, also includes the name of the ComboBox, say ComboBox1 here, in the list of entries listed in the items for the Combo Box.  Is there a way to stop Koda, and/or AutoIt, from listing the name of the Combo Box in the item listing?  Thanks.

Take care,

Paul

• 1 year later...

It doesn't appear to be that Koda is being actively developed any longer. Time to use another form designer or live with the issues.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I'm actually developping an UDF function that directly reads KXF and generate the GUI.

I don't understand some aspects of the KXF format :

• How to get font size from Font.Height and TextHeight that are defined in the KXF?

I'm sure that I'll have other questions, but for now, this is the only one blocking me.

Thanks ;)

PS: It is really unfortunate that KODA is abandonned. It is (for me) the best GUI designer (for the moment)

Anwser:

OK, I think I found it (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/74299/info-calculating-the-logical-height-and-point-size-of-a-font)

Edited by matwachich

• 2 months later...

That link is now broken. But maybe this one might be helpful for some

https://blog.csdn.net/analogous_love/article/details/42264605

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...