GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

is this project over? no more beta releases?

Don't worry, it's still running :) Just small break to be sure all things are ok, after that another postrelease will be uploaded and new betas will come. In meantime I'm do some tests with toolbars customization and so on.

:)

Koda updated at last.

For front, there will no be inferiority even if compare with builder of vb, c++ etc..

Perhaps, do you understand method to connect skf among person who use skincrafter?

If buy skincrafter, does not demo box rise?

I interest am many quite in AutoitScript.From that is [http://cafe.naver.com/autoitscript[/color]] Korea of cafe(blog) to be operating, [size="2"][color="#ff00ff"]English cannot well[/size].Many help it requests.To read, it stands it thanks.

Study about event.

For example, do you become operation of module that copy file at the same time when timer is operated?

Is no there person who know sauce code?

I interest am many quite in AutoitScript.From that is [http://cafe.naver.com/autoitscript[/color]] Korea of cafe(blog) to be operating, [size="2"][color="#ff00ff"]English cannot well[/size].Many help it requests.To read, it stands it thanks.

was just wondering if drag & drop could be added to Au3toKoda

then i could just add it to the Send To menu

Au3toKoda is not planned as standalone app, this will be the part of Koda.

Perhaps, do you understand method to connect skf among person who use skincrafter?

If buy skincrafter, does not demo box rise?

Study about event.

For example, do you become operation of module that copy file at the same time when timer is operated?

Is no there person who know sauce code?

:)

can't wait till it's added :)

while i'm here

is this suppose to happen and if so why?

everytime I create a group it ends up creating another one set at -99, -99

I just go through it and delete them all afterwards

$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("AGroup1", 208, 48, 185, 105)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("AGroup2", 212, 168, 185, 105)

everytime I create a group it ends up creating another one set at -99, -99

I just go through it and delete them all afterwards

$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("AGroup1", 208, 48, 185, 105)
$Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("AGroup2", 212, 168, 185, 105)
This is special "closing tag" for group (look example in help). This is necessary when you have multiple groups with radiobuttons. But I think this is good rule to close every group.

The Update feature has stopped working.

I have saved a kxf design, and I have saved an au3 file in the same folder. (eg makeupdates.kxf and makeupdates.au3)

When I first started using the Update feature I would be asked which au3 file I wanted to use when I started Koda, but this no longer happens. I have downloaded 1.6.0.2 but it made no difference. The previous design is loaded OK.

I moved the installation folder and before I did that it was working. Could this be the problem?

Any suggestions?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

The Update feature has stopped working.

I have saved a kxf design, and I have saved an au3 file in the same folder. (eg makeupdates.kxf and makeupdates.au3)

When I first started using the Update feature I would be asked which au3 file I wanted to use when I started Koda, but this no longer happens. I have downloaded 1.6.0.2 but it made no difference. The previous design is loaded OK.

I moved the installation folder and before I did that it was working. Could this be the problem?

Any suggestions?

in au3 script is saved absolute path to kxf:

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Directory\script.kxf
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

so if you moved your project to differrent location it will not find it.

Is not this source of your problem?

Edited by Zedna

in au3 script is saved absolute path to kxf:

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Directory\script.kxf

so if you moved your project to differrent location it will not find it.

Is not this source of your problem?

You're right.

I didn't realise that Koda reads all the scripts to see which ones have a reference to the form design.

Thanks Zenda.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Problems/bugs in Koda v1.6.02

• With 2 forms in the design, then for the second form the height is saved as the clientheight + 1 width is saved as clientwidth + 1.
  • The details are not updated dynamically but only when you switch to the form.

For example, if I select Form2 and change the dimensions, these changes do not show on

the properties page. although Update saves these changes, but again with client dimensions + 1. If I select Form1 then form2 the properties are updated.

• If you make changes to the source code, then change the Koda design and choose Update you loose the changes you made to the source code. Is it possible to make Scite save automatically when it looses focus? Or detect that there are unsaved changes to the source code?

[*] With 2 forms in the design, then for the second form the height is saved as the clientheight + 1 width is saved as clientwidth + 1.

Not sure I understand what you mean. This works ok for me. Maybe some step-by-step instruction to reproduce?

[*] The details are not updated dynamically but only when you switch to the form.

For example, if I select Form2 and change the dimensions, these changes do not show on

the properties page. although Update saves these changes, but again with client dimensions + 1. If I select Form1 then form2 the properties are updated.

Confirm (first part). Will try to fix it.

[*] If you make changes to the source code, then change the Koda design and choose Update you loose the changes you made to the source code. Is it possible to make Scite save automatically when it looses focus? Or detect that there are unsaved changes to the source code?

Hm, understand problem, but isn't this Scite related question?

Not sure I understand what you mean. This works ok for me. Maybe some step-by-step instruction to reproduce?

Here is the code produced by Koda for a simple form, the height and width are being set to the client height and width + 1. I tried to insert an image but the posting was not added when I chose to add reply.

Have a look at

http:\\www.mosaiccgl.co.uk\forlazycat\design.bmp

http:\\www.mosaiccgl.co.uk\forlazycat\rundesign.bmp

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=d:\program files\autoit3\beta\koda\forms\updater\formnewcustomer.kxf
$FormNewCustomer = GUICreate("New Customer", 324, 143, 296, 351, BitOR($WS_DLGFRAME,$WS_CLIPSIBLINGS,$DS_MODALFRAME), BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
GUISetIcon("D:\003.ico")
$GroupBox1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 8, 1, 297, 97)
$InputNewCustomer = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 64, 56, 177, 21)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Enter Name", 64, 32, 60, 17)
$BtnNCok = GUICtrlCreateButton("&OK", 185, 107, 75, 25, 0)
$BtnNCcancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Cancel", 34, 107, 75, 25, 0)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Confirm (first part). Will try to fix it.

Hm, understand problem, but isn't this Scite related question?

Yes. Edited by martin

Here is the code produced by Koda for a simple form, the height and width are being set to the client height and width + 1. I tried to insert an image but the posting was not added when I chose to add reply.

Have a look at

http:\\www.mosaiccgl.co.uk\forlazycat\design.bmp

http:\\www.mosaiccgl.co.uk\forlazycat\rundesign.bmp

Looks like problem with WS_DLGFRAME style - Autoit not accept this. After applying this:

$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 315, 170, 193, 115, $WS_DLGFRAME)

created window have WS_VISIBLE, WS_CLIPSIBLINGS and WS_CAPTION styles, but WS_DLGFRAME is not compatible with WS_CAPTION. So Koda counting height and width of form with WS_DLGFRAME style, but actual form created with another style...

You can easily see this behaviour, if you try to disable "Safe styles..." in options and then see how window will look in designer and when running.

Edit: ops, WS_DLGFRAME should be combined with WS_POPUP in order to work, but now WS_POPUP is treated as forced and not generated.

Try to replace styles.xml with this one:

styles.xml

Edited by Lazycat

Looks like problem with WS_DLGFRAME style - Autoit not accept this. After applying this:

$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 315, 170, 193, 115, $WS_DLGFRAME)

created window have WS_VISIBLE, WS_CLIPSIBLINGS and WS_CAPTION styles, but WS_DLGFRAME is not compatible with WS_CAPTION. So Koda counting height and width of form with WS_DLGFRAME style, but actual form created with another style...

You can easily see this behaviour, if you try to disable "Safe styles..." in options and then see how window will look in designer and when running.

Edit: ops, WS_DLGFRAME should be combined with WS_POPUP in order to work, but now WS_POPUP is treated as forced and not generated.

Try to replace styles.xml with this one:

The new styles.xml didn't make any difference.

If I uncheck 'don't reflect unsafe styles' the code generated is correct. But this is not recommended (in the help file)

I would like a form which does not have the biSystemMenu icon as Delphi calls it.

Any style I have tried which removes the Close icon in the top right seems to give the problem of giving wrong form sizes.

What style should I choose to do what I want and still have 'don't reflect unsafe styles' checked??

The new styles.xml didn't make any difference.

If I uncheck 'don't reflect unsafe styles' the code generated is correct. But this is not recommended (in the help file)

I would like a form which does not have the biSystemMenu icon as Delphi calls it.

Any style I have tried which removes the Close icon in the top right seems to give the problem of giving wrong form sizes.

What style should I choose to do what I want and still have 'don't reflect unsafe styles' checked??

Strange, for me this fix wrong vertical sizing as on your screenshots...

But I noticed 1 pixel difference, probably this is wrong applying system metrics for certain styles.

Also, for me no difference between enabled and disabled "unsafe styles" - this option just exclude some styles that can prevent you to access to form, but those styles are still generate. So if this ok for you, you can use it.

Small 'wish for' feature in Koda Lazycat.

Could you add an XPManifest to the Koda source? it would improve it for me.