GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Small 'wish for' feature in Koda Lazycat.

Could you add an XPManifest to the Koda source? it would improve it for me.

Since Delphi programs can sometimes incorrect work with XP styles, this not included yet. But you can try to you own risk :) Just unpack manifest file from attached archive in the Koda folder.

If this will not cause any errors, manifest can be included in resourses in future.

manifest.zip

Since Delphi programs can sometimes incorrect work with XP styles, this not included yet. But you can try to you own risk :) Just unpack manifest file from attached archive in the Koda folder.

If this will not cause any errors, manifest can be included in resourses in future.

Thanks Lazycat, it works fine for me. Well, almost.

The labels do not show the correct font size and style if the fd.exe.manifest file is present, but they are ok if the manifest file does not exist. However the labels are OK in the exe produced from the code.

I use D7 and the labels are ok in the design if I have a delphi32.exe.mainfest.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Can I use Koda to set (lack of better term) Hotkeys to buttons? For Instance, on the Template for Standard Dialogue, the Okay and Cancel buttons look like they have 'O' and 'C' assigned as a shortcut/hotkey.

Try this:

instead OK place &OK

then you can invoke OK button by Alt+O

It's not real hotkey.

Try this:

instead OK place &OK

then you can invoke OK button by Alt+O

It's not real hotkey.

Thanks! Works beautifully.

Question:

What is a GroupBox?

I notice that I make a GroupBox after I have added in some Controls, the group box will ALWAYS show on top, and I can't see the controls in back. Conversely, if I add the GroupBox first, then add the controls it is fine. Either way it compiles fine, but it prevents me from using Koda. Thanks.

Thanks! Works beautifully.

Question:

What is a GroupBox?

I notice that I make a GroupBox after I have added in some Controls, the group box will ALWAYS show on top, and I can't see the controls in back. Conversely, if I add the GroupBox first, then add the controls it is fine. Either way it compiles fine, but it prevents me from using Koda. Thanks.

Could you explain why this stops you using Koda? I'm not sure what your problem is here because at the moment it sounds like someone saying "If I nail my hand to the floor it hurts and it stops me nailing my hand to the floor, but the hammer works fine." (That could be a little over the top.) Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Access violation with Koda FormDesigner 1.6.0.2 (unable to save form after modifications)

I originally posted here, but then was suggested to place it here.

I'm working with Koda FormDesigner 1.6.0.2 (not using SciTE mode) and after making some changes (copying multiple controls like a groupbox with textbox and a inputbox and changing their names) I am no longer able to save the form. I get the following message

Access violation at address 00403B00 in module 'FD.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFDC

Generating code is still possible, but I can't save the kxf-file. It's a simple form with a Tabbed Panel, two tabsheets, two groupboxes, three textboxes, labels and two buttons.

Any ideas :lmao:

Btw, I was able to save the form by creating a new form and copying all controls over, but unable to reproduce the error.

Hi Lazycat

What about adding support for StatusBar?

In latest AutoIt Beta 3.2.1.5 were corrected and completed related functions in standard include file GUIStatusBar.au3

This was disccussed earlier and you said that it can be added when it will be finished/corrected in AutoIt.

I think it's now ready for use :lmao:

@martijn

Dutch translation available

Thank you! Will be added in next release.

Access violation with Koda FormDesigner 1.6.0.2 (unable to save form after modifications

It's not easy to track down, I need to know what actions lead to this AV...

@litlmike

Try to look to this feature from other side - this helps you keep all grouped controls together. To move controls group you enough to move only groupbox.

Btw, the same behaviour with Tabs, but you don't have something opposite it, isn't it? :lmao:

@Groumphy

Thanks!

@Zedna

The control support already here (except generating), but it hidden atm. I think this require some kind of include manager to get things to work, but I can open it in next beta anyway and you can add template with include.

I have thoughts about manager implementation, but if you have ideas - you welcome.

Suggestions for KODA:

1) Backwords compatible. Allow user to take code from Scite to Koda.

2) Package Image files as an optiont. As opposed to reading Image files from the current PC directory, allow users to include the Image file as an option during compiling. This way the script can be used on any PC.

Great job on Koda, as always. I use this all the time.

Excellent work. Koda gets better and better!

A couple of requests:

1. Can you add the $GUI_DROPACCEPTED property to controls?

2. Can you add ondropped (based on $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED) event to the Object Inspector for forms (same as the existing OnClose event)?

3. Can you add an onclick event for menu items?

Currently, I have added code in after the Koda part for all the above. Would be real nice to have the settings in Koda.

Thanks, Steve

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

@LazyCat,

Any thoughts on the label font problem if fd.exe.maifest is present? (post #42)

1. Can you add the $GUI_DROPACCEPTED property to controls?

2. Can you add ondropped (based on $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED) event to the Object Inspector for forms (same as the existing OnClose event)?

3. Can you add an onclick event for menu items?

1. Maybe. Atm I think will add "Code" or like property as Zedna suggested - this is universal solution in meantime.

2. Yes, for form all available events will be added.

3. Ouch-ouch :lmao: This definitely should be added, but this is big problem. Worst of all, old forms with menus will be unworkable without conversion... You discovered the biggest flaw atm, I think :ph34r:

Any thoughts on the label font problem if fd.exe.maifest is present? (post #42)

No any. I will add internal resource in next beta, so you can test it. But adornments are not on the top of todo, sorry :geek:

When trying to save Koda Form:

Access violation at address 00403AFA in Module 'FD.exe'. Read of address 0000005C.oÝ÷ Ù8^r^#¬ºÈ§«­¢+Ø¥¹±Õ±ÐíU%
½¹ÍѹÑ̹ÔÌÐì((I¥½¸MQIP-½U$ÍÑ¥½¸½É´õèÀäÈí½Õµ¹Ñ̹MÑÑ¥¹ÌÀäÈímÍÉÑtÀäÈí5ä½Õµ¹ÑÌÀäÈíAÉͽ¹°ÀäÈíÕѽ%ÐÀäÈí-½½ÉµÌÀäÈí9ÍÍÍ͵¹Ð¹­á(ÀÌØí½É´ÄôU%
ÉÑ ÅÕ½Ðí½É´ÄÅÕ½Ðì°ÄÀÜà°Øàä°ÄäÌ°ÄÄÔ¤(ÀÌØíɽÕÀÄôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑɽÕÀ ÅÕ½ÐíɽÕÀÄÅÕ½Ðì°à°Ðà°ÄÀØÔ°ØÌ̤(ÀÌØíɽÕÀÈôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑɽÕÀ ÅÕ½ÐíɽÕÀÈÅÕ½Ðì°ÈаÜÈ°ÈÀä°ÄØĤ(ÀÌØí1°ÄôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1° ÅÕ½Ðí]¡Ð5­Ìå½Ô¥É¹ÐüÅÕ½Ðì°Ðà°àà°ÄÌаÄܤ)U%
Ñɱ
ÉѥРÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÌÈ°ÄÄÈ°ÄàÔ°àä¤)U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑɽÕÀ ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°´ää°´ää°Ä°Ä¤(ÀÌØíɽÕÀÌôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑɽÕÀ ÅÕ½ÐíɽÕÀÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÈÐà°ÜÈ°ÈØÔ°ÄØĤ(ÀÌØí1°ÈôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1° ÅÕ½Ðí]ͥѽÕÍ̽¸}}}|°Ñ¡ÐÝ¡äÕÍÑ̽µüÅÕ½Ðì°ÈÔØ°àà°ÈÐÔ°Äܤ(ÀÌØí¥ÐÄôU%
Ñɱ
ÉѥРÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÈÔØ°ÄÀаÄàÔ°àä¤)U%
ÑɱMÑÑ ´Ä°ÅÕ½Ðí¥ÐÄÅÕ½Ðì¤)U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑɽÕÀ ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°´ää°´ää°Ä°Ä¤)U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑɽÕÀ ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°´ää°´ää°Ä°Ä¤)U%MÑMÑÑ¡M]}M!=¤(¹I¥½¸9-½U$ÍÑ¥½¸()]¡¥±Ä($ÀÌØí¹5ÍôU%Ñ5Í ¤(%MÝ¥Ñ ÀÌØí¹5Í($%
ÍÀÌØíU%}Y9Q}
1=M($$%á¥Ð((%¹MÝ¥Ñ )]¹
Edited by litlmike

When trying to save Koda Form:

Access violation at address 00403AFA in Module 'FD.exe'. Read of address 0000005C.

The code I was using:

I'm tried to recreate form from your code, but no problem found. It's need I'm be able to represent error in order to fix it...