GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Here is test build. This should work fine under XP, but I'm not sure that I'm not break w9x fix...

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/FD.zip

Win9x issue is OK in this test build

but there is another problem:

- at controls palette there is one more icon for Image control on Standard palette --> List index out of bounds error

note: there is Image control icon on aditional palette which is the correct one.

Here is test build. This should work fine under XP, but I'm not sure that I'm not break w9x fix...

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/FD.zip

It fixes the resizing problem, but it isn't quite right yet because it introduces a new problem. I have buttons over images. At first the buttons are hidden by the images. After sending the image to the back I can see the buttons ok, but when I move the mouse over a button black areas appear on the button. The more I move the mouse the bigger the black area gets.

You must be getting close though.

I like the fix for seeing items dropped on a black form. :)

Glad to see Jon has moved this to sticky. I think you can take that as a kind of promotion Lazycat.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Omg, how did I manage to miss this. It's really cool.

Thanks, I'm glad our work is appreciated :D

but there is another problem:

- at controls palette there is one more icon for Image control on Standard palette --> List index out of bounds error

Sorry, this is just test code (this was raw test build, not even beta...)

I have buttons over images. At first the buttons are hidden by the images.

Try set WS_CLIPSIBLINGS style for image...

Glad to see Jon has moved this to sticky.

Btw, it's got some time before I find missed topic sticked :)

Try set WS_CLIPSIBLINGS style for image...

Unfortunately the proerties pages are blank so no proerties can be set for anything!

I'll retreat to previous version for a while.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Here a new beta:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.05.08.zip

Here two new things that require some explanation.

1. This version include new exception handler, that can show more descriptive error messages. If you want help with testing Koda, you can download additional debug map file and place it in the Koda folder. The file is here (this will update with every new beta):

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/debug.zip

2. Added new "advanced" functionality, that allow set custom control properties when creating new control. For example, you want text on every new button always have Arial font face, or have certain dimensions or style. Now you can setup this easily by editing control templates definition file "ctrltmpl.xml". Also you can change default control naming.

Note, now this file contain only example for button, and this will not be included by default in next releases. I'm not sure if someone find this quite useful, but this was easy to implement, so why not? :)

Here a new beta:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.05.08.zip

Here two new things that require some explanation.

1. This version include new exception handler, that can show more descriptive error messages. If you want help with testing Koda, you can download additional debug map file and place it in the Koda folder. The file is here (this will update with every new beta):

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/debug.zip

2. Added new "advanced" functionality, that allow set custom control properties when creating new control. For example, you want text on every new button always have Arial font face, or have certain dimensions or style. Now you can setup this easily by editing control templates definition file "ctrltmpl.xml". Also you can change default control naming.

Note, now this file contain only example for button, and this will not be included by default in next releases. I'm not sure if someone find this quite useful, but this was easy to implement, so why not? :)

Version 1.6.1.7 has same problem with black sections appearing over buttons

For example this

Looks like this after the mouse has moved over it. (Might need more than one mouse move to have an effect.)

But the image resizing works ok.

Also, 1.6.1.7 is not so good at keeping the buttons visible which are on top of images. 1.6.1.6 works very well with that.

The "ctrltmpl.xml" idea is really good. I hope you keep this feature. I wish Delphi had that idea. (If it has let me know.)

It would be nice if you had a button in the Property Inspector 'Make Default' along side the 'Reset'. That would be really neat.

Version 1.6.1.7 has same problem with black sections appearing over buttons

Also, 1.6.1.7 is not so good at keeping the buttons visible which are on top of images. 1.6.1.6 works very well with that.

Don't see this on any system, with themes or without. Do you tried to set WS_CLIPSIBLINGS for image? This should solve "buttons on image" painting problems.

The "ctrltmpl.xml" idea is really good. I hope you keep this feature. I wish Delphi had that idea. (If it has let me know.)

I'll keep, but this file will not be included by default, maybe in some subfolder or elsewhere.

It would be nice if you had a button in the Property Inspector 'Make Default' along side the 'Reset'. That would be really neat.

Isn't this equivalent to "delete control and create new"? :)

Don't see this on any system, with themes or without. Do you tried to set WS_CLIPSIBLINGS for image? This should solve "buttons on image" painting problems.

Oh yes, that does fix it. Sorry, I forgot about that.

Isn't this equivalent to "delete control and create new"? :D

This answer confused me at first, but then I understood how you read my suggestion.

I meant that you could set the styles of a button say, then click the 'Make Default' and this would set the "ctrltmpl.xml" to have this as the default styles for a button. Then any button you create after that has these styles. Then later you could easily change it again. I didn't mean that 'Make Default' would set the styles to be as in the "ctrltmpl.xml" file, but in fact the exact opposite. Does that make sense?

So instead of 'Make Default' I should have said 'Copy To Default' or something. :)

Hello folks,

My Portuguese-BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation for Koda 1.6.1.7 was updated. File http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/koda_language_files/lang_bra.zip (6.6KB), available from File Manager (MD5: 5C97A3D271C091DC4C51B0E567227276), as always.

Please, report any problems via PM. Thanks.

Best,
Euler

I meant that you could set the styles of a button say, then click the 'Make Default' and this would set the "ctrltmpl.xml" to have this as the default styles for a button. Then any button you create after that has these styles. Then later you could easily change it again. I didn't mean that 'Make Default' would set the styles to be as in the "ctrltmpl.xml" file, but in fact the exact opposite. Does that make sense?

Ok, now I'm read it correct :) I'm want not categorically say "no", but my magination a bit differ. This feature marked as "advanced", and this imply thoughtful tuning, not just saving all properties: for example, most likely you want not always load control at some fixed position... The way I see for working with - tune up your control(s), save form, and then in any text editor copy saved object, remove unneded properties and maybe change control name template.

Koda seems to be using $BS_LEFTTEXT, but ButtonConstants.au3 references $BS_RIGHTBUTTON.

Seems those styles are equal, but since in unclude used BS_RIGHTBUTTON, think this is reasonable. Thanks, I'll change it.

• 2 weeks later...

Koda is a very beautiful tool, thank you for creating it.

I don't know for sure if this is possible,

but I want to use Koda to generate some code automatically,

and as you can edit the templates,

this seemed possible to me (at least at first sight).

If I take the template "Events Example", and change it like this

Func %EVENTNAME%()
  %EVENTNAME%
   NOW_DO_THE_THING_I_WANT
EndFunc

the changes are stored correctly,

but I don't see any change in my generated code.

Is this possible with Koda ?

thanks,

Stef Mientki

the changes are stored correctly,

but I don't see any change in my generated code.

Is this possible with Koda ?

When you want generate code based on custom template, you have to choose it first. Go to Tools -> Advanced generate (or Tools -> Configure & generate in latest beta) and choose your modified template from combo.

You also can make certain template as default in options (context menu on templates list, "Toggle default" item), Koda will always generate code with it.

In other cases Koda will generate code on the standard (internal) template.

Edited by Lazycat

Hi Lazycat,

I'm trying to build a form with small buttons with 16x16 icon from shell32.dll.

Two problems :

- The size of the button still back to 36 x 36 when I went back to Koda (even with a single 16 x 16 ico file)

- The generated GUICtrlSetImage($AButton1, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll|3") doesnt work and how can I use a path based on %SystemRoot% for the DLL

Thanks !

Hi Lazycat,

I'm trying to build a form with small buttons with 16x16 icon from shell32.dll.

Two problems :

- The size of the button still back to 36 x 36 when I went back to Koda (even with a single 16 x 16 ico file)

Yes, when you place 32x32 icon on the button, button can have height 36 pixels minimum. Image placed on button always have real size and can't be scaled.

Afaik (correct me if I wrong) Autoit not allow choose which icon size will be used, and always use resolution of first icon in multiicon file. ATM Koda not check which first icon resolution is, and allow choose only 16x16 and 32x32 format ("Small icons" checkbox on in choose dialog), which not always have a correct result in code. I'll look if something can be done here (except changing Au3 behaviour of course).

- The generated GUICtrlSetImage($AButton1, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll|3") doesnt work and how can I use a path based on %SystemRoot% for the DLL

Support for macro in paths is planned, but still in thoughts.

Yes, when you place 32x32 icon on the button, button can have height 36 pixels minimum. Image placed on button always have real size and can't be scaled.

Afaik (correct me if I wrong) Autoit not allow choose which icon size will be used, and always use resolution of first icon in multiicon file. ATM Koda not check which first icon resolution is, and allow choose only 16x16 and 32x32 format ("Small icons" checkbox on in choose dialog), which not always have a correct result in code. I'll look if something can be done here (except changing Au3 behaviour of course).

I hope including resource in AutoIt will be added in the future !

I didn't understand why Koda generate

GUICtrlSetImage($AButtonSrce, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll|3")

instead of

GUICtrlSetImage($AButtonSrce, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll", 3, 0)

when I check the "Small icons" checkbox.

Are Koda supposed to memorize my "Small icons" choice ?

Support for macro in paths is planned, but still in thoughts.

Maybe if an option allow us to type the path to the image instead of using a GUI for selecting it...

Anyway, thanks for your work on Koda !