GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Koda 1.6.1.9(Beta)

If you drop a Popup menu onto a TATab instead of the main from then you get

this error.

Resizing the height of a TAList with Shift + DOWN Arrow doesn't work. Shift + UP Arrow changes the size in 13 pixel steps.

Resizing the width of a TAList works fine.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

If you drop a Popup menu onto a TATab instead of the main from then you get

this error.

Thanks, confirm. This should be disallowed to placing menus onto tab or group.

Resizing the height of a TAList with Shift + DOWN Arrow doesn't work. Shift + UP Arrow changes the size in 13 pixel steps.

Resizing the width of a TAList works fine.

Don't think this Shift + Down problem can be fixed soon, this require editing ExtLib component, that we avoid yet.

Related 13 pixels step - think this behaviour is ok, normally height of listbox is multiply to line height (try to change listbox height in script manually and you will see).

Bug :rolleyes:

I can unfortunately very badly English. I apologize for it. I have a Noteebook with a dissolution of 1920*1280 therefore have I mean character size set on 120 Dpi. Therefore with me with Koda the Icons wrong is indicated. From the picture this error would have to be evident. Can one repair this error? Posted Image

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but how can I make flag for Koda lang_(some_lang).xml? I'm translating Koda to Estonian, maybe someone wants to use it. :rolleyes:

Can you explain 'flag'?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Bug :rolleyes:

I can unfortunately very badly English. I apologize for it. I have a Noteebook with a dissolution of 1920*1280 therefore have I mean character size set on 120 Dpi. Therefore with me with Koda the Icons wrong is indicated. From the picture this error would have to be evident. Can one repair this error?

Doh, 120 dpi + themes = dangerous mix :rambo: I'm recall that checked Koda on 120 dpi, checked with themes, but not both... Will try to fix it.

but how can I make flag for Koda lang_(some_lang).xml?

Download this file:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_language_kit.zip

All needed files included, just read the readme.htm for reference.

Oh I see, you really do mean flags don't you!

Edited by martin

Problem with exception errors in Koda.

Same problems with V1.6.1.9(Beta) and earlier versions.

Problem occurs when I try to close the form I'm designing. If I save it I can use it with my script without any problems.

I can only close Koda using Ctrl, ALt Del.

I can cure the problem for a while by renaming the form, or the folder where it's saved. Then after a few loads and saves I find I can't close the form or Koda again.

The log file for when this happens is this log file.

The form I'm having the problem with is this form.

I also have some screen shots of the errors but I don't expect they tell you any more than the log file.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but how can I make flag for Koda lang_(some_lang).xml? I'm translating Koda to Estonian, maybe someone wants to use it. :rolleyes:

Go to http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/formdesign.html and download http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_language_kit.zip

Read readme.html inside ZIP:

4. Now you ready to add country icon. Run add_icon.au3 script, in first field choose your translated template, in second - your country flag icon from "Country_icons" subfolder, in third - name of you translation, this should be in form lang_###.xml, where ### - three-letter code of your language. Now you ready for conversion - click Save button and you done!

If you will have trouble, send your XML, tell what ICO numer from Country_icons directory is for your country and I will add it for you.

Here a new beta:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.07.01.zip

Nothing actually new, only lately reported bugs fixed.

I can cure the problem for a while by renaming the form, or the folder where it's saved. Then after a few loads and saves I find I can't close the form or Koda again.

The log file for when this happens is this log file.

The form I'm having the problem with is this form.

I also have some screen shots of the errors but I don't expect they tell you any more than the log file.

Thanks for the form example, it helps. Fixed (hopefuly) in current beta.

I noticed that if the Koda section in some au3 script is like this:

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=form.kxf

Koda can't update the script, and shows me a message "Can't find current form section in script. Probably you accidentally removed it's identificator. No script was updated!"

I think that it will be better if Koda understands relative paths to the kxf file, because this makes scripts more portable. I mean - I work on some script at work, and then when I go home, i take this script with me, to continue working on it. But then I need to change the path in the form section in the script so Koda can update the script correctly...

This is not a big deal, but I think it will be better if I don't have to change the section header in the script every time when I move it to different directory.

Btw, in some older versions this worked, but in the newer it stopped. That's how I noticed it.

I noticed that if the Koda section in some au3 script is like this:

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=form.kxf

Koda can't update the script, and shows me a message "Can't find current form section in script. Probably you accidentally removed it's identificator. No script was updated!"

I think that it will be better if Koda understands relative paths to the kxf file, because this makes scripts more portable. I mean - I work on some script at work, and then when I go home, i take this script with me, to continue working on it. But then I need to change the path in the form section in the script so Koda can update the script correctly...

This is not a big deal, but I think it will be better if I don't have to change the section header in the script every time when I move it to different directory.

Support for relative paths become in 1.6.1.8, but I see, updating is broken... Fixed.

Btw, in some older versions this worked, but in the newer it stopped. That's how I noticed it.

Hm... don't know, this can't work in versions pror to 1.6.1.8...

New beta is out: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.07.07.zip

Project Manager fully rewritten, and basic interface functionality should work (with lots of bugs of course :whistle:). It's now non-modal and called from "view" menu (or Ctrl+4).

But no updating scripts/running project yet.

Also "update script" menu item is back, because now it's much easier to work even with old sheme, if save script to file from output window: needed references will be added automatically.

The project manager looks very good. I like it.

If I double click on the form name in the project manager I am asked which script to use, but I should not be asked because it is set to a script in the project manager. (Just my opinion.)

'Save All' seems to save the project, I didn't realise that at first. If I create a project and close Koda without saving first then I think the project is lost, so it needs a 'do you want to save ...' warning. Maybe there should be a 'Save Project' item in the File menu.

Thanks for your hard work and clever coding Lazycat.

The project manager looks very good. I like it.

If I double click on the form name in the project manager I am asked which script to use, but I should not be asked because it is set to a script in the project manager. (Just my opinion.)

Of course, this just because used standard loading routine... Will add a check, if file in active project and disable script search routine in this case.

'Save All' seems to save the project, I didn't realise that at first. If I create a project and close Koda without saving first then I think the project is lost, so it needs a 'do you want to save ...' warning. Maybe there should be a 'Save Project' item in the File menu.

"Save all" - this is function for default (non-project) mode, just save all forms in batch. But of course, this can work in project mode too.

I think that manual saving project is a bit redundant, now Koda save all project changes immediately, so you will not loose them. But probably this can be changed to combined, where will be "Save Project" menu item, and option to save all changes automatically.

This is issue of "usability" and this is still open for discussion.

I think that manual saving project is a bit redundant, now Koda save all project changes immediately, so you will not loose them.

I agree if it you are correct, but if you edit the notes, click ok and close Koda then the changes to the notes are lost.

Also, small problem

Click on the project in project manager and it is highlighted.

Right click on a script and choose some item from the context menu. It doesn't work.

It is necessary to first select the script item before right clicking.

Big problem

Lots of Access violation but can't seem to reproduce my actions and get the same error. But I close then open a project and click on the form item and maybe I get Access Violation.

Exception handled 08/07/2007 at 10:15:51 by MainExceptionHandler
Access violation at address 0054B66E in module 'FD.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception Address: 0054B66E
Information about Source of Exception
Unit: uProjMan
Method: TfrmProjMan.OpenFormInEditor
Line: 587

Exception handled 08/07/2007 at 10:33:00 by MainExceptionHandler
Access violation at address 505C3A44. Read of address 505C3A44
Exception Address: 505C3A44
Unit: 
Method: 
Line: 0

Exception handled 08/07/2007 at 10:37:22 by MainExceptionHandler
Access violation at address 0054B66E in module 'FD.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception Address: 0054B66E
Method: TfrmProjMan.OpenFormInEditor
Line: 587

Exception handled 08/07/2007 at 10:37:48 by MainExceptionHandler
Access violation at address 00549C71 in module 'FD.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception Address: 00549C71
Method: TfrmProjMan.LoadForms
Line: 201