GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Fire, this thread is too big to be posting bugs constantly, thats why theres a bug tracker ;)

If we create an account there we can add the bugs ourself? or ....

And i have translated the language template almost from scratch in my native language dutch (V1.7.3.0)

Because the one included with scite4Autoit3.exe was rather old and absolute not accurate anymore (V1.6)

Don't know if anybody else already did that. If so, well i liked the experience of translating it, if not then please use it and tell me if i made any mistake.

By testing the language interface i found a few bugs that i like to report.

lang_dut.rar

Dont cry tomorrow about what you should have done yesterday. Just do it now.

• 3 weeks later...

socratessa

Thanks for the translation, I'm added it to the site, and of course it will be added in next releases.

By testing the language interface i found a few bugs that i like to report.

You feel free to post bugs on the bugtracker. Sadly, tracker have not decent anti-spam protection, so now it's required registration.

• 4 months later...

Hi LazyCat

First of all, let I thank you for this great piece of code, I use it with some frequency.

I have a doubt. When I'm adding items in a treeView, I'm not able to include a new item as the first item in the tree. That's possible? And, there is a way to move items up/down?

thanks

Jose

When I'm adding items in a treeView, I'm not able to include a new item as the first item in the tree. That's possible?

You mean adding new item before existing one? If so - no.

And, there is a way to move items up/down?

Not yet. I don't sure it can be really useful (almost only caption is subject to change).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can you give me some tutor with this program.

In Koda, choose Help, then About, then Homepage. On the website, choose Documentation. There are tutorials there on various features.

Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

@diagnostic

Would you kindly remove the spam from the bottom of your posts?

Thank you.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 1 month later...

Just a quick observation. The Tab Order Editor should use the object names as defined in the Object Tree View instead of the Name property. Since the Object Tree View will use the Name property if not set anyway, this makes sense and will result in no change for people who don't use named objects and will result in people like me (or just me) having those nice descriptions they (I) took time to type useful in another place.

Edit: Several more minor issues:

• There seems to be no way to specify Koda to open empty. The choices are a new form, the last used form or to open a specific form. Opening empty should also be an option for cases where I launch Koda first and then pick which form. If I do that currently then I must first close the new form that is created.
  • If a form is already open and the user attempts to open an existing form or create a new form it would be nice if Koda had a prompt that asked us if it should close the current form. I could live with this solution to my previous comment instead of starting Koda empty (although I still think the ability to start Koda empty makes sense). I just always run into the situation where I accidentally forget to close the new form before loading the form I really want to work on.
  • I have moved Koda on-screen and re-arranged the panes. However, creating a new form results in that form being created in the original default location which ends up being hidden behind the main window and Object Tree View pane with my current settings. I then must drag it to the proper editing position. My expectation is for Koda to automatically align the new form like it does when in it's default position. I also sort of expect poDesktopCenter forms to open in the default editing position rather than at the last position the form was at (Since that value is irrelevant to the script).
  • Koda doesn't seem to restore it's height. Every time I restart Koda the height reverts back to a smaller size which partially obscures the bottom toolbar. The width and position are correctly restored.
  • I also seem to have a bit of an issue getting a poDesktopCenter form to open in the correct location. I move it to where I want to edit it, save the form and close it. When I re-open it, it does not appear there. It is left and down from where it should be which causes it to overlap one of the panes. I must manually move it each time I re-open the form.
Edited by Valik

The Tab Order Editor should use the object names as defined in the Object Tree View instead of the Name property.

Agree.

There seems to be no way to specify Koda to open empty.

This should not be difficult to implement.

If a form is already open and the user attempts to open an existing form or create a new form it would be nice if Koda had a prompt that asked us if it should close the current form. I could live with this solution to my previous comment instead of starting Koda empty (although I still think the ability to start Koda empty makes sense). I just always run into the situation where I accidentally forget to close the new form before loading the form I really want to work on.

While Koda can work with multiple documents, this lead to something like single document interface. The case that second form can remain opened is really issue?

About other issues: noted, but can't check now. Probably till october - november.

The case that second form can remain opened is really issue?

It is confusing at best in cases where the intent is to work on a single project at a time (Which I suspect is the most common scenario). Perhaps there is something of a disconnect here with regards to how things are managed in Koda. Koda works on a form basis and not a project basis. Rarely do I have the need for multiple windows in the same script so for me the already open form is just in the way and I must close it every time. With that being said, if you implement starting Koda empty then that should solve my issue as I don't really go from working on one GUI to working on another in the same session.

• 2 weeks later...

While Koda can work with multiple documents, this lead to something like single document interface. The case that second form can remain opened is really issue?

I use the multi-form interface often. It allows me to switch between multiple forms quickly to make sure that I am being consistent in my interface designs. Some clients like to make noise about those kinds of things.

I agree with the option of opening empty, without a default form.

I use the multi-form interface often. It allows me to switch between multiple forms quickly to make sure that I am being consistent in my interface designs. Some clients like to make noise about those kinds of things.

Maybe there could be new option for this ("Allow more forms" or something like this).

Who want this behaviour just switch ON or OFF this option.

Edited by Zedna

Maybe there could be new option for this ("Allow more forms" or something like this).

Who want this behaviour just switch ON or OFF this option.

That works for me.