GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Yep. Well the plan is to get the core functionality done first then beta release it, see what people like / don't like, add in settings for all that, send it back out as a beta test again (prototyping) a few times, then I will make it pretty :). I proud myself on my presentation.

• Moderators

tele123,

We know the other app exists - but this thread is for Koda. Do not hijack it again. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Do not hijack it again

I do not want. :)

Koda is probably not develop,

LastJuly 30, 2010.

too few people,

wants and knows how to improve it

It's nice to hear someone make similar program. But I heard such promises many times before, and never seen the result...

Maybethe author of ISN and autor KODA, would agree to join KODA, and ISN advantagesin whole.

I do not know Delphi and maybe people also do not know.

ISN have source code in autoit files.

Everything depends on us...

Others would be able to add something:

- Files with translations into foreign languages

- Various nice gui for the program

- Code with new features that can be added or plug

Editor and form can connect,

but consist of several files, if everything was in one file, you can get lost.

Sorry for my English.

Edited by tele123

• Moderators

tele123,

Then why did you not say all that in your earlier post. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 1 month later...

Well now...

I've been wanting to go over to another programming language for a while now, I've been busy with visual c# but autoit still seems to be more attractive, The only problem is THE KODA GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE, isn't it about time someone updates it? Because if it can be done, then it must be done!! Autoit has been growing extensively but not Gui designer, if the designer is updated most of us folks don't need to get used the syntax of other languages!! like really folks!

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]

• Developers

You are not really making yourself clear as to what it is you are suggesting and are somewhat coming across as being ungrateful that somebody spends his time making this program.

.. and removed the double post

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm not ungrateful, the koda gui designer is out dated m8!! Not all of us have the time for adding custom Wrappers to our little ittle bitsy witsy applications to make the gui design look a bit more appropriate for use of other people, there are folks out there, somewhere... like myself that does this for a living, so you implying that I should rather spend my time on Visual csharp thats capable of designing a proper Gui?

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]

I design GUIs without using Koda all the time, it's not exactly part of the language, it's just there in case you need it. I use Koda when I need to put together a GUI that I want to see how it might look in the general sense before I get down to fine tuning it.

It's a bit like coding webpages using Notepad compared to a WYSIWYG design package.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

I'm not ungrateful, the koda gui designer is out dated m8!! Not all of us have the time for adding custom Wrappers to our little ittle bitsy witsy applications to make the gui design look a bit more appropriate for use of other people, there are folks out there, somewhere... like myself that does this for a living, so you implying that I should rather spend my time on Visual csharp thats capable of designing a proper Gui?

Can't remember we promised you Visual development environment anytime, so feel free to use whatever people contribute here for free but please don't act like we ow you anything.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

nah m8 i dont mean to offend you. I just thought maybe someone knew something I didnt

You are not offending me but the folks that worked on this free tool and I do still feel you were out of line with the way you made your post.

What strikes me in general by "people like you" and yes, I am going to generalize here, is that you want everything for free and fast and even have no hesitation to express an opinion without any proper background knowledge.

Think about this for a moment and please just walk away from this thread without any further debate.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

KODA is great for getting your general dimensions for your GUI, and it probably was never intended to be an actual super-duper GUI creating machine.

You can sit down for a day and bust out some "Template" GUIs to reuse later. The only thing that's time consuming, is plugging in the pixels for the GUI and control dimensions. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

+1 to Koda creators. Use it for most projects and is a great tool to have.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working with Koda for quite a while. I have become ...used to... some of the quirks.

However, I am currently designing a seriously detailed GUI with it and am wondering if some of the problems I am having can be ...fixed... by doing things differently perhaps.

My main issues are:

1. Create GUI... Lots of buttons...

2. Use it for a week

3. See an issue. Load KODA, Import the AutoIT code containing the GUI

4. Koda "Sees" and loads the code... almost fine.

except

1. All bozes, on all tabbed pages, is 15 pixels high & 15 pixels to the right. I have to pull everything "back" to where it needs to be....

2. Koda does NOT like GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) not only does it grumble, it then deletes the line!

3. Koda, in reading/importing, does NOT retain the control lines { Example: GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Btn_AutoBallastDisarmClick") }I have to reset them, every time

So... If I could figure out why the shift happens...

And how to get Koda to KEEP code it does not "recognize"... I would be much more comfortable with it :oops:

---

Had another problem with "keeping" check boxes in s group... That was solved when I realized that the group is "done" if any checkbox is positioned "above" a preceeding one.

So, If you place boxes in a control in this order:

{1

4}

when imported, you will have

{1

3}

and then you need to go find the GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) and reposition it by hand...

That's the kind of thing that is simple to solve... once you figure out what's "happening"

Everseeker

I found small bug in Koda

When I set (background) color Input control to clBtnFace then GUICtrlSetBkColor(...) command is not generated.

Default color for that type of control is clwindow.

I think that it may be related to the fact that default color of main form is clBtnFace

so Koda somehow (badly) thinks that it's also default color for Input control and don't generate GUICtrlSetBkColor(...) command.

Note that for other colors GUICtrlSetBkColor(...) command is generated without any problems.

Tested on Koda 1.7.3.0