Rename File using move

If I want to move a file and then name the file;

computername + .mdb

What is the proper way to do this

I did this but it literally calls it computer name.mdb

FileMove("c:\temp\mwentre.mdb", "\\eq1marled01\EDTest\EntreMDB\@ComputerName.mdb",1)

Any help would be appreciated

If I want to move a file and then name the file;

computername + .mdb

What is the proper way to do this

I did this but it literally calls it computer name.mdb

FileMove("c:\temp\mwentre.mdb", "\\eq1marled01\EDTest\EntreMDB\@ComputerName.mdb",1)

Any help would be appreciated

FileMove("c:\temp\mwentre.mdb", "\\eq1marled01\EDTest\EntreMDB\" & @ComputerName & ".mdb",1)

i noticed you have two "\\" at the beginning also, might want to fix that.

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

thanks

I thought I need the \\ when I refrer to a server?

i wasnt sure if you were referring to a server, that i dont know.

try both. either way.. at least you got the thing you needed working fixed.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

Are you sure about that ?

the issue in question yes.

i showed him the proper syntax for renaming the file as desired.

he said thanks, not.. "it didnt work" and there you have it.

another autoit question answered by one of the helpful members of this forum...

Edited by t0ddie

the issue in question yes.

i showed him the proper syntax for renaming the file as desired.

he said thanks, not.. "it didnt work" and there you have it.

another autoit question answered by one of the helpful members of this forum.

I'm afraid not, t0ddie.

FileMove("c:\temp\mwentre.mdb", "\\eq1marled01\EDTest\EntreMDB\@ComputerName & ".mdb",1)

That's the line of code you showed. All that does is produce a syntax error. So actually, what you did was break the code even worse. The original code worked, it just didn't do what the user expected. Your code just plain doesn't work.

I don't call trying to teach people to be as stupid as you being very "helpful".

Edit: I see you finally fixed your own code. Congratulations, now you finally showed the correct code.

Edited by Valik

I'm afraid not, t0ddie.

FileMove("c:\temp\mwentre.mdb", "\\eq1marled01\EDTest\EntreMDB\@ComputerName & ".mdb",1)

That's the line of code you showed. All that does is produce a syntax error. So actually, what you did was break the code even worse. The original code worked, it just didn't do what the user expected. Your code just plain doesn't work.

I don't call trying to teach people to be as stupid as you being very "helpful".

so nice of you to quote my old post.

it was edited to work, see the post again.

i showed him what was WRONG with it... and didnt fully edit it properly. so i STILL solved the issue,

i didnt tell him to COPY AND PASTE the code. i just showed him what he forgot.

you can copy and paste it now and it will work.

note that i had edited the post BEFORE you posted vaglik

way to show your vast superiority over people trying to be helpful

being fully shown in your off-topic post pointing out a mistake i made and NOT even changing the code to work for the person who started this thread.

how is that being helpful?

Edited by t0ddie

Idiot, it should have never needed edited. Post working code or piss off. And your original code didn't show anything except a syntax error. I don't really know how you think that's helpful. Maybe in stupid land where you live, it's helpful. Here in reality, not so much.

Now, a basic bit of logic. Given that I quoted (part of) your original post, reason suggests that I started writing mine before you edited yours. And given that you quoted my original post and missed my edit, you did the same thing to my post.

And again with the "vaglik" spelling. At least explain your insolence on habitually spelling my username wrong or learn to spell the damn thing.

Post working code or piss off.

then piss off hypocrit. i dont see you posting any working code in your STUPID fucking posts in this thread.

And your original code didn't show anything except a syntax error.

I showed that you needed to seperate the macro from the rest of the path, and i didnt make a mistake and add the wrong thing, i just forgot to add the beginning to it.

Now, a basic bit of logic. Given that I quoted (part of) your original post, reason suggests that I started writing mine before you edited yours. And given that you quoted my original post and missed my edit, you did the same thing to my post.

i saw all of that BUT i had finished editing my first post BEFORE you posted your first post.

yadda yadda yadda... i did notice i merely meant to check to see that its 100% right now.

i merely pointed out what he needed to do.. even if he ran the code, he would have figured it out by himself more than likely what needed to be done.

stfu vaglik.

your the one who is stupid when you cant even realize that the mispelling of your name is intentional. no need to explain it. figure out the meaning yourself genius

Edited by t0ddie

stfu vaglik.

your the one who is stupid when you cant even realize that the mispelling of your name is intentional.

No t0ddie, I'm not too stupid to realize that. I'm smart enough not to assume it, however. There could be any number of reasons you're misspelling my name including your glaring stupidity. However, unlike you, I try not to make assumptions about everything. As a result, I wanted to hear straight form the jackasses mouth that it was intentional. I'm satisfied with that answer.

No t0ddie, I'm not too stupid to realize that. I'm smart enough not to assume it, however. There could be any number of reasons you're misspelling my name including your glaring stupidity. However, unlike you, I try not to make assumptions about everything. As a result, I wanted to hear straight form the jackasses mouth that it was intentional. I'm satisfied with that answer.

its a pretty good assumption since i make the EXACT SAME typo each time even someone like you should have figured it out for yourself.

you yourself are assuming that i am stupid without knowing ANYTHING about me aside from what i have posted in this forums.

continue to be an asshole? your choice. ill either reply knocking down every point you make for my own amusement or just give a simple

@vaglik LOL

why dont you have a comeback for any of my other quotes? you glittering jewel of ignorance.

wait wait.. i dont even care. this will be my last post in this thread.

and my last comment will be..

@vaglik LOL

continue to be an asshole? your choice. ill either reply knocking down every point you make for my own amusement or just give a simple

@vaglik LOL

If that is indeed the case, I expect I'll be seeing a lot of "@vaglik LOL" statements.

If that is indeed the case, I expect I'll be seeing a lot of "@vaglik LOL" statements.

well i decided to make one more post.

only will use @vaglik LOL when you have no point.. and theres no need to explain anything... just as i am now wasting my time typing this.... i will also use it when i think its not worth my time to explain something to someone who isnt listening. and i will use it when your posts have nothing to do with the topic and everything to do with heckling me.

but i proved in those last posts exactly what i needed to. hence you shut up since you couldnt think of anything to say. LOL @vaglik... LOL

your egotistical comment proves NOTHING except that you think you are winning points in the argument that you clearly are not. how about a real rebuttal next time?

i see you chose the asshole route. so go nuts.

well i decided to make one more post.

only will use @vaglik LOL when you have no point.. and theres no need to explain anything... just as i am now wasting my time typing this.... i will also use it when i think its not worth my time to explain something to someone who isnt listening. and i will use it when your posts have nothing to do with the topic and everything to do with heckling me.

Well, I don't imagine you'll actually comprehend even simpler points so I still suspect to see that statement from you a lot. And if being off-topic is also criteria, then I suspect that's all I'll see.

but i proved in those last posts exactly what i needed to. hence you shut up since you couldnt think of anything to say. LOL @vaglik... LOL

More assumptions from an idiot, oh my.

your egotistical comment proves NOTHING except that you think you are winning points in the argument that you clearly are not. how about a real rebuttal next time?

What is there to rebuke? At this point, I don't see that I have to do much beyond goad you into typing because at that point you take over and make yourself look stupid with no further contribution from me. As a matter of fact, most of the time it's not even necessary for me to antagonize you to make you look stupid, you do that well enough without any provocation what-so-ever.

i see you chose the asshole route. so go nuts.

And I see you choose to be stupid. I'd rather be an asshole than an idiot.

larry sent me a pm.

i would just like to say that arguing with you vaglik has been fun but im not going to let it ruin my membership.

you are an asshole, and an idiot. everyone makes assumptions. including you.

look up "suspect" (the word you used) in the thesauras dipshit. even though you have used the word assume as well. you make assumptions on MORE things that i do

ANNOUNCEMENT: VALIK has been added to my ignore list. rest assured i spelled it right.

@vaglik

any comment you make to me will not be received.

any comment you make about me will just show everyone how much more of an asshole you can be, and will possibly effect your forum membership. it will also show how stupid you are arguing with a person who cant see you.

if i had known this function was available before i would have used it long ago.

the argument is over. i get the last word.

t0ddie > vaglik

pwnt bitch.

@vaglik LOL

From now on i can post strictly code and be helpful without having to argue with this ONE asshole on here

ruining the forums.

larry sent me a pm.

i would just like to say that arguing with you vaglik has been fun but im not going to let it ruin my membership.

you are an asshole, and an idiot. everyone makes assumptions. including you.

look up "suspect" (the word you used) in the thesauras dipshit. even though you have used the word assume as well. you make assumptions on MORE things that i do

Yes, it's true that "assume" is a synonym for "suspect". But that's not the meaning I say it with. A better synonym would be "suppose".

ANNOUNCEMENT: VALIK has been added to my ignore list. rest assured i spelled it right.

That remains to be seen.

@vaglik

any comment you make to me will not be received.

any comment you make about me will just show everyone how much more of an asshole you can be,

No, not really. I can be a much bigger asshole.

and will possibly effect your forum membership.

If the moderator's would rather ban a developer than a public nuisance who makes zero contribution to anything, I'm not sure I would want to continue being a member.

it will also show how stupid you are arguing with a person who cant see you.

Saying something is all well and good. I have no proof that you really have me on ignore and neither does anybody else.

if i had known this function was available before i would have used it long ago.

the argument is over. i get the last word.

t0ddie > vaglik

pwnt bitch.

@vaglik LOL

Brilliant last words. They put me down something fierce, I say.

From now on i can post strictly code and be helpful without having to argue with this ONE asshole on here

ruining the forums.

Save us all, Jebus.