Suppress autoit errors?

giggity

Is there a way to suppress autoit errors while a script runs? I would like my scripts to quietly exit if an error of any kind is encountered without a error window popping up. :) I know it's not wise to do this for debugging purposes but it would be nice to have this feature regardless.

Is there a way to suppress autoit errors while a script runs? I would like my scripts to quietly exit if an error of any kind is encountered without a error window popping up. :) I know it's not wise to do this for debugging purposes but it would be nice to have this feature regardless.

could use RunErrorsFatal option, if you use that then you'll need to check @error where the error(s) could accure and exit if need be.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Developers

I've found that when you compile the script, error messages just don't show. It solved my problem.

You need to explain this one!

But one thing is for sure: Error do not disappear when the script is compiled. They might not show directly but they will turn up sometime so you better fix them.

Also its better to use au3check always before compiling.....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well, I can't recall what exactly happened. It had something to do with the TCP functions timing out. Uncompiled it returned a error and the script would exit. Compiled the script would just keep going, exactly as I wanted it to continue without any weird behavior of any kind.

Edit: Is Jos your real name?

Edited by Manadar