Desktop Icon Creation

Paulie

so simpel but so needed , okay its very complicated coding , but i must say , this realy was a big need for me ,

and its easy to use to :-) i think this should go to the UDF defaults of AutoIt , its great :) and whell , there is no function in autoit to do this , so why dont you mail the creater of AI ? (sorry , i cant remember his name )

AUTOIT 4 LIFE !!!!!!!!!

so simpel but so needed , okay its very complicated coding , but i must say , this realy was a big need for me ,

and its easy to use to :-) i think this should go to the UDF defaults of AutoIt , its great :D and whell , there is no function in autoit to do this , so why dont you mail the creater of AI ? (sorry , i cant remember his name )

AUTOIT 4 LIFE !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the complements

but there is a function already :)

(Mentioned in above edit)

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/f...ateShortcut.htm

that code wasn't very complex, but it was fun to make anyway :D

Just one of those days for me :P

Edited by Paulie

i think its great :-) , its very easy to have the ability to make a shortcut on the desktop directly :D but whel i have made the same mistake twice , made an function for things that have been done by others already (better ?)

It is highly doubtable my way is better, mine was made in autoit, but (correct me if i'm wrong) all the built-in functions that aren't UDFs have been hardcoded in with C++/# or whatever Autoit is written in(Which is much better suited for icon creating than autoit itself is)

Plus, I din't even use all autoit, I used a VBScript that i got from MSDN, just felt like doing one of those "Write a new script and have it run to affect the first script" things :)

but once again, thanks for the kind words :P