script writer help

jammer2

Sorry, its just a simple unattended program install script I'm trying to record.

It gets me to the install exe and presses the install file exe, but thats as far as it will record, during the install process there are a few things that require user selections that it doesn't record, like license agreement,serial number, setup type, some next and proceed buttons.

It just stops recording after it presses the exe that starts the program install process.

That doenst explain what the hell recording is, are you recording the windows popping up or what the hell are you recording

Geez, I'm trying to record a script using script write that would perform the funtions of installing a program called Acronis True image(its a backup program) I know you have installed a program before.

Geez, I'm trying to record a script using script write that would perform the funtions of installing a program called Acronis True image(its a backup program) I know you have installed a program before.

Ok it works fine on all my other programs its just having a problem with Acronis True Image software.

• Moderators

Have you checked to make sure they don't have switches that could make it a much easier task for you?

Other than that, computer speeds are different, using the Au3Recorder here doesn't make much sense to me. Why not just use Control* functions instead if the install .exe's don't have switches?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.