How to Toggle lines from comments and to comments

lgodfrey

I'm sorry, but after a year of no scripting for the life of me I can't find this anywhere...

how do you, in scite, use a key input to comment out a line of code and toggle it back from a comment to a code line? (it automatically puts comment character at beginning of line, or removes it)

I am sure I could do this before for debugging purposes, but searches in forum and scite help files came up with zip.

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

• Developers

I'm sorry, but after a year of no scripting for the life of me I can't find this anywhere...

how do you, in scite, use a key input to comment out a line of code and toggle it back from a comment to a code line? (it automatically puts comment character at beginning of line, or removes it)

I am sure I could do this before for debugging purposes, but searches in forum and scite help files came up with zip.

Larry

ctrl+q

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks!

I do not feel so bad now....these are not listed in Scite help file under keyboard commands

I guess they are not listed in general help section 'cause they are specific to AutoIt3.

Can't find them in Scite/AutoIT3 specific files.

I'm off to the races!

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

w0w thanks I didnt know this was possible^^

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

I do not feel so bad now....these are not listed in Scite help file under keyboard commands

I guess they are not listed in general help section 'cause they are specific to AutoIt3.

The list is incomplete in the helpfile though it does seem that those mentioned in the menu of Scite already are not listed in the helpfile. In the menu under "Edit", you will see "Ctrl+Q" for "Block Comment or UnComment".

The list is incomplete in the helpfile though it does seem that those mentioned in the menu of Scite already are not listed in the helpfile. In the menu under "Edit", you will see "Ctrl+Q" for "Block Comment or UnComment".

a-ha, it had to be somewhere! did not look at edit list before :">

edit

but the number pad - key is my favorite, not in the edit list

Edited by lgodfrey

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

It is also my faveorite, I have found myself useing it alot lately.

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

a-ha, it had to be somewhere! did not look at edit list before :">

edit

It is a custom addition in the Global Options, that is why you do see no reference to the number pad key.

# User defined key commands
user.shortcuts=\
Ctrl+Shift+V|IDM_PASTEANDDOWN|\
Ctrl+PageUp|IDM_PREVFILE|\
Ctrl+PageDown|IDM_NEXTFILE|\
KeypadPlus|IDM_EXPAND|\
KeypadMinus|IDM_BLOCK_COMMENT|\
Ctrl+F1|IDM_HELP_SCITE|