Wireless keyboards

Styler001

I'm not really sure if this is a support issue, but it does involve an AutoIt script I'm using in an online game with complete success while one of my clanmates is meeting with complete failure.

A problem he's having is that the AutoIt script he's using (which is the same exact one I'm using) is sending completely wrong keys to the game and he's running around like a retard. :)

I have the script reading from an external variable file that was created from a separte GUI script (which is also the same exact one we are both using). I've looked over his variable file (which is different than mine because of the options he's chosen) and all seems well.

I can see absolutely no reason why he is having this problem. Other players of the game who are also using it have not reported anything similar. He is the one that brought up the fact that he has a wireless keyboard and was wondering if that might be the reason.

I have even gone so far as to search the entire script for every occurrence of the letter L (one of the letters that is causing him problems), just to see if I had inadvertently missed cleaning something up. The only places L shows up in Send commands is in features he has disabled, and his variable file verifies that.

And we are both using v3.2.0.1 of AutoIt.

Like I said, I doubt that this is an AutoIt problem. But I am hoping some of you pros here might have some insight into why this might be happening.

I don't think it can be related with the wireless of the keyboard but who knows.

Can you check with the beta new macro which keyboard layout difference with yours and him. You just need to display @KBLayout value. Perhaps that's can explain the difference.

If you right that the problem is in Send command that's disabled the new beta correction will not help. Difficult to help you without really knowing what the script is really doing. :)

Well, I really don't think the problem is with the script. Since it works fine for me and some others who are using it, I'm really leaning toward a hardware issue at his end.

But then it's also hard to know that I'm getting the right answers to the questions I'm asking. Something that may seem insignificant to him and not worth mentioning could be the answer to the whole problem. Like you, it's hard for me to know what the real problem is without seeing it for myself. If he was local, I'd just drop by his place and see what's up. But, since he's two time zones away from me, that's kind of hard to manage.

I'll give that @KBLayout a shot. I'm assuming there is probably some kind of help online or in the help file to explain how to use it?

Well, I really don't think the problem is with the script. Since it works fine for me and some others who are using it, I'm really leaning toward a hardware issue at his end.

But then it's also hard to know that I'm getting the right answers to the questions I'm asking. Something that may seem insignificant to him and not worth mentioning could be the answer to the whole problem. Like you, it's hard for me to know what the real problem is without seeing it for myself. If he was local, I'd just drop by his place and see what's up. But, since he's two time zones away from me, that's kind of hard to manage.

I'll give that @KBLayout a shot. I'm assuming there is probably some kind of help online or in the help file to explain how to use it?

Yes there is doc but it is so simple just returning a string as @OSLang does :)