Notification Area

death pax

This isnt completely for auto it, rather a problem i discover when i was working on a script.

I was creating a script with a TrayIcon. The first time i tried it, everything worked fine. But yesterday when i ran the same script again, i discovered that my notification area is gone. No tray icons from any progs, only the current time. Anyone have any ideas? Also in the Taskbar/startmenu properties where you would normally set properties of the notification area is greyed out

Edit: Also, on another user account on my comp, the notification area works fine.

Edited by death pax

Ill upload a screenshot quick...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/death_pax/screen.jpg

MSN, an auto it script, my internet connection, and my battery life icon should be in the notification area, at bare minimum

It seems very obvious (which is why it's probably not the right reason), but have you tried right clicking on the taskbar and customizing your icons and making sure they didn't all get set to always hide for some reason?

Piano_Man

Edit: What happens if you start a program after the computer has been logged on for awhile? I assume it doesn't show up...

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]