Reference Script To Tell AutoIt If It Has Done Something Already..

Jasio

Well.. I'm writing a script to randomly write character combinations, similar to bruteforce =/.. Is there a way to, once it has created a combination, flag it as done, and know that if it happens to come over that combination, avoid it. Checksums wont work in this scenario, abc = cab.. So, any help is appreciated <3

;basically like this.. my code currently
$count = 1
$counter = 1

Do
Do

$r = random(1,26,1)
If $r = 1 Then
Send('a')
EndIf
If $r = 2 Then
Send('b')
EndIf

;etc etc.

$count = $count+1

Until $count = (preset combination length)

$counter = $counter+1

Until $counter = (preset attempt length)

I just need it to flag / record each combination and never ever ever repeat it again <3 :) thanks for any help,

Jasio- <3

Edited by Jasio

Well.. I'm writing a script to randomly write character combinations, similar to bruteforce =/.. Is there a way to, once it has created a combination, flag it as done, and know that if it happens to come over that combination, avoid it. Checksums wont work in this scenario, abc = cab.. So, any help is appreciated <3

$count = 1
$counter = 1

Do
Do

$r = random(1,26,1)
If $r = 1 Then
Send('a')
EndIf
If $r = 2 Then
Send('b')
EndIf

;etc etc.

$count = $count+1

$counter = $counter+1

I just need it to flag / record each combination and never ever ever repeat it again <3 :P thanks for any help,

Jasio- <3

The answer, I think, depends on the scale of the project. How many unique combination do you expect to keep track of? Tens, hundreds, thousands, millions? In small doses, this looks easy, but the resources and CPU ticks required will get insane for larger counts. :)

As for checksums, it sounds like you want a hash (i.e. MD5 or SHA1) instead. Those will not give the same result for 'abc' and 'cab'.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks, and yea, i'm looking at around.. a trillion? </3..

i just need to know how to document the combination versus the hash, aswell as how to make the hash using autoit (or a UDF library, other source, etc.)

Meh.. cpu resources, that'll be difficult, but its more 'knowing' i can do it, and how to do it, than actually brute forcing the CIA you know what i mean?..

$count = 1
$counter = 1

Do
Do

$r = random(1,26,1)
If $r = 1 Then
Send('a')
EndIf
If $r = 2 Then
Send('b')
EndIf

;etc etc.

$count = $count+1

$counter = $counter+1

I just need it to flag / record each combination and never ever ever repeat it again <3 :) thanks for any help,

Jasio- <3

quite actually, i think you have it pat down, just change your counts to..well heres an example..

$counter = $counter +=1

instead of

$counter = $counter+1

i learned this today ^^

and for the never ever ever repeat again thing, may i suggest regwrite?

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

quite actually, i think you have it pat down, just change your counts to..well heres an example..

$counter = $counter +=1

instead of

$counter = $counter+1

i learned this today ^^

I dont understand, why would i do $counter = $counter+=1.. =/?

RegWrite, not sure if storing a trillion keys would help me.. i'm looking more towards FileWrite/Read to check hash, or a faster method (if anyone knows) =] <3

Edited by Jasio

• Developers

$counter = $counter +=1

instead of

$counter = $counter+1

i learned this today ^^

Assume you mean:

$counter += 1

instead of

$counter = $counter+1

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks, and yea, i'm looking at around.. a trillion? </3..

i just need to know how to document the combination versus the hash, aswell as how to make the hash using autoit (or a UDF library, other source, etc.)

Meh.. cpu resources, that'll be difficult, but its more 'knowing' i can do it, and how to do it, than actually brute forcing the CIA you know what i mean?..

Well, lets get the measure of this particular insanity... :)

Storage:

1. A typical MD5 hash is 128 bits = 16 bytes long

2. One trillion MD5 hashes therefor need about 16TB (terabytes) of storage, ignoring any overhead for file system, database structure, indexes, etc.

3. The typical large HDD available to most of us in PATA, SATA, or SCSI is about 500GB, so you need a computer setup to interface, power, and cool about 32 HDDs, plus a couple for RAID parity and hot spare if you want this rig to run long enough to get to one-tera-hashes checked.

Word length:

1. Windows (2000 and up) allows 127 character passwords that can include upper/lower case alpha, numeric, special characters, and non-typing characters (ALT-0255 = ÿ). If all 255 posible 8-bit characters are used, a 5-character password has 1,078,203,909,375 combinations. 5 characters long... hmm... :P

2. Limiting your list to US-EN keyboard upper/lower/numeric gives you 62 different characters to work with, and at a word length of 7 characters you have 3,521,614,606,208 -- three times our design limit, so you have to be satisfied with 6-character passwords that only cover a portion of possible passwords and, since they don't contain specials, won't even pass complexity requirements on most systems.

More fun info:

Ten Windows Password Myths, by Mark Burnett, last updated March 7, 2002

So, what are your rules going to be for valid characters and word length?

:D

Edit: Oops 'terra' only has one 'r'

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law