Tutorials... any available for newbie?

Guest John Smith

Guest John Smith

Hi:

I stumbled upon AutoIt and it looks really like it would solve much of my problems... is there any tutorials available? If so, where can I download it?

TIA

Yep, search the help file and the forums. If you installed AutoIt, then there should be a shortcut to the help file on the StartMenu/Programs/AutoIt.

You can also download the current beta help, AutoIt.chm, file from here. You can also get the latest beta versions of AutoIt there, too.

Additionally, you can also find a lot of code samples here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/

If you have specific questions, we can point you in the right direction. (Remeber to check the FAQ in the help file, first.)

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I found some examples of what this could do, so I just took the relevance between the commands and what the person says it does and found that it was much easier to understand. The HELP file is really useful also because it's organized and has a lot of ways to search what you need through the tabs. Most of all though, the most help is from people on the forums atleast for me so far...and you usually get a response within 10 minutes which is always nice because you can continue your project a lot faster.