Reading anti-bot image

frontmill

• Moderators

I was wondering if anyone could help me on this. I am looking for a way to make a bot read this image. Would anyone know a way?

Posted Image

thanks in advance

That looks like an image I use to keep spam bots out of one of my forums.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

it isnt, its for a cheat im writing, for an online rpg.

But why would someone want to spam your forums?

Why does anyone spam your mailbox?

The key to these in my opinion is proper positiong of the text. What your asking has been asked many times before, the issue is finding the "crap" colors for the lines, then finding the back ground color, then finding the text color (which is all you want to concentrate on). Then to find the basis of the the text color (where the letters start and stop on the y-axis, and with knowing the text height to reposition it so it's correctly displayed for pixel reading.

I don't know of anyone that has publicly stated they have made an OCR to do this... so good luck with that "Huge" task, this seems like a "fun" task for Larry if he had the time, he likes all the math stuff that would be involved in a task like that.

Edit:

blademonkey, all those links are dead with a 404 error, was that intentional?

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Why does anyone spam your mailbox?

The key to these in my opinion is proper positiong of the text. What your asking has been asked many times before, the issue is finding the "crap" colors for the lines, then finding the back ground color, then finding the text color (which is all you want to concentrate on). Then to find the basis of the the text color (where the letters start and stop on the y-axis, and with knowing the text height to reposition it so it's correctly displayed for pixel reading.

I don't know of anyone that has publicly stated they have made an OCR to do this... so good luck with that "Huge" task, this seems like a "fun" task for Larry if he had the time, he likes all the math stuff that would be involved in a task like that.

Edit:

blademonkey, all those links are dead with a 404 error, was that intentional?

not intentional, i dont knwo why it did that.

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

• Moderators

Heh...I actually get to post something useful for once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

Read that ... and then follow some of the links at the bottom of the page.. You may find something that interests you on this particular subject.

I've read that before... That's where I got the idea :)

• 8 months later...

I was wondering if anyone could help me on this. I am looking for a way to make a bot read this image. Would anyone know a way?

Posted Image

thanks in advance

I know it's a bit late ;-) but it's timeless

So some ideas:

1) background can be cleaned by pseudocode: For each image pixel do: if GetPixel is green then SetPixel to Black

see my post about using SetPixel and MSDN: SetPixel and GetPixel

2) cleaned image can be rotated by prospeed UDF/DLL

Edited by Zedna