Send("{SPACE}")
    Sleep(50)
    MouseClick("Left",380,250,1,1)
EndFunc

While 1
  sleep(100)
WEnd
Exit

I complied it and everything on Windows XP, and it work's fine. However, I sent it a friend on MSN because he wanted to use it, but he is using Windows 98 and it isn't working on his computer. He has tried right clicking on the .exe, and finding the 'Compatibility' tab, but it ain't there. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work on his computer?

Thanks,

Moja

Hiya, I made this program, quite a simple one really:

HotKeySet("^f", "SendStuff")
Func SendStuff()
    MouseClick("Left",395,245,1,1)
    Sleep(400)
    Send("{P}")
    Sleep(40)
    MouseClick("Left",100,148,1,1)
    Send("{SPACE}")
    Sleep(50)
    MouseClick("Left",380,250,1,1)
EndFunc

While 1
  sleep(100)
WEnd
Exit

I complied it and everything on Windows XP, and it work's fine. However, I sent it a friend on MSN because he wanted to use it, but he is using Windows 98 and it isn't working on his computer. He has tried right clicking on the .exe, and finding the 'Compatibility' tab, but it ain't there. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work on his computer?

Thanks,

Moja

Do you have the same resolution?

I don't know what program you are trying to automate, but if it's a part of the operating system, it may have changed layout since windows 98. That would mean the same positions or controls may not match up. Additionally, using pixel coordinates isn't always a good idea, particularly with windows XP since users can change the theme. Different themes can position tabs, menus, and buttons in slightly different locations depending on theme.

My guess is that whatever application you're scripting for has changed between your install of XP and your friend's install of 98.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

He loads the program up, and it is in the tray.

If it needs to be activated from the tray before the commands get sent to it you would likely have to find the application's hidden window and ControlSend characters to that. Opening programs from the tray alone is very hard to do. As for your send commands, they are valid, so those characters are getting sent globally to whatever window has focus at the time that routine is executed. You might want to try activating the window first, using Control functions so you don't need to worry about focus, and/ or double check that the routine the hotkey links to is actually being run (such as a tooltip and 2 second delay when the function starts.)

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.