Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

Computer Search? Is it possible?

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I don't know if anyone has seen the "Mac" "Spotlight" search vs the Windows search, but if u have ull notice a big difference.

Spotlight searches as you type, ex. if u type a "A" it will automatically not look at any file without an "A".

The search is much qwuicker because it is done when u finish typing.

The Windows search takes sevral minutes to complete which is annoying.

Is there anyway i could write a program to make a search like "Spotlight".

I am relitivly new to this program, but would like a challenge, and any help would be appreated, (like where to start, or if it is even possible!)

Thanks

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

You will need to create some sort of index by scanning all files on the computer. This can take some time but searches will be fast. Somebody has already made a good indexing search program in AutoIt. Try searching the forum.

Edit: just noticed this is Scripts & Scraps

Edited by RazerM

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

I really am sick of this...PLEASE post in the correct forum.

v3 Support is for users to ask for help/support/advice/lecture about any matters relating to AutoIt.

v3 Scripts and Scraps is for users to post completed, let me emphasize, COMPLETED, working scripts that they would like to share with the community.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I really am sick of this...PLEASE post in the correct forum.

v3 Support is for users to ask for help/support/advice/lecture about any matters relating to AutoIt.

v3 Scripts and Scraps is for users to post completed, let me emphasize, COMPLETED, working scripts that they would like to share with the community.

I don't understand why it is people are compelled to post questions in scripts and scraps

I bet if Jon where to change the title to "Script Showcase" or something then people might figure it out

I don't understand why it is people are compelled to post questions in scripts and scraps

I bet if Jon where to change the title to "Script Showcase" or something then people might figure it out

I'm pretty sure i mentioned before that it's the name that is what confuses people. they think v3 support is for problems with au3 and scripts and scraps is anything relating to scripts.

Not that I would know, I didn't have trouble posting in the correct forum when I was a noob, but its just like me to inspect every aspect of the forum, look at each section, read all the descriptions, THEN post. But most people don't do that so what I said is just a guess.

I PMed Jon about it but he never replied...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Engrish may not be everybody's first language.

I don't speak any Engrish :)

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Dejavue, seems like a double post IIRC from support forum. Please delete topic.