Uncontrolable Loop - ControlSend()

unterhunde

I just installed AutiIT yesterday so im still a bit of a noob. This script has a few problems as far as I can see.

1. When sChat() is called it flies into an uncontrolable loop.

2. When sTarAtk() is called most of the clicks its control gets get lost in the void. I have to click it like mad to get it to work once. (Might be because my comp is shite and has a Celeron processor.

3. Sometimes key sends dont send the whole string.

4. I cant figure out how to dynamicly allocate new variables/memory with an array.

Any Ideas on how to fix those problems?

#include <Process.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

global $gameFile = "";Path to Shadowbane. Ex: C:\Ubisoft\Shadowbane\sb.exe
global $mWinTitle = "Yrg";Just to customize what the title of the macro window is.

global $sb1 = "sb1"; What you want the first title to be.
global $sb2 = "sb2"; What you want the second title to be.

global $username1 = ""
global $userpwrd1 = ""
global $username2 = ""
global $userpwrd2 = ""

Func getHandle($arg2);Handle getter
    $sbID = $arg2
    $var = WinList($sbID)
    For $i = 1 to $var[0][0]
    ; Only display visble windows that have a title
        If $var[$i][0] <> "" AND IsVisible($var[$i][1]) Then
            global $hwnd = $var[$i][1]

EndIf
    Next
    Return $hwnd    
EndFunc
Func IsVisible($handle);getHandle() assist func
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then 
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf

EndFunc
Func sTarNear_Atk($arg4);Key Sequnces
    $sbID = $arg4
    $ctrlHandle = getHandle($sbID)
    sTarNear($sbID)
    Sleep(1000)
    sTarAtk($sbID)
EndFunc
Func sTarNear($arg3);Key sequences
     $sbID = $arg3
     ControlSend($sbID,"",$ctrlHandle,"{HOME}")
EndFunc  
Func sTarAtk($arg1);Send target nearest monster and attack function
    $sbID = $arg1
     ControlSend($sbID,"",$ctrlHandle,"^a")
EndFunc
Func sOpLogin();Send logins
    if WinExists($sb1) Then
        WinActivate($sb1)
        Send($username1)
        Send("{TAB}")
        Send($userpwrd1)
        Send("{ENTER}")
        Sleep(1000)
    Else
        MsgBox(-1,"Error,G","Window " & $sb1 & " does not exist")
    EndIf

if WinExists($sb2) Then 
        WinActivate($sb2)
        Send($username2)
        Send("{TAB}")
        Send($userpwrd2)
        Send("{ENTER}")
        Sleep(1000)
    Else
        MsgBox(-1,"Error,G","Window " & $sb2 & " does not exist")
    EndIf
EndFunc
Func runGame();Hmmm wonder what this does. I have this off by default. add "runGame()" above buildGUI to add it in.
    Run($gameFile)
    Sleep(4000)
    $tmpTitle = WinGetTitle("Shadowbane")
    WinSetTitle($tmpTitle,"",$sb1)
    Send("{ESC}")
    Sleep(500)
    Send("{ESC}")
    Sleep(500)
    Send("{ESC}")
    Sleep(5000)

Run($gameFile)
    Sleep(4000)
    $tmpTitle = WinGetTitle("Shadowbane")
    WinSetTitle($tmpTitle,"",$sb2)
    Send("{ESC}")
    Sleep(500)
    Send("{ESC}")
    Sleep(500)
    Send("{ESC}")
    Sleep(5000)
EndFunc
Func buildGUI();Makes the GUI with the buttons and such
    GUICreate($mWinTitle,300,300,800,200) ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Send to chat:", 5,10); create first item

global $sInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("Type what to say",5,25,290,20)

global $sSend = GUICtrlCreateButton("Send Command",5,50,100,20)
    global $sTarNear = GUICtrlCreateButton("Target Nearest",110,50,100,20)
    global $sTarAtk = GUICtrlCreateButton("Attack Target",110,70,100,20)
    global $sTarNear_Atk = GUICtrlCreateButton("Attack Nearest",110,90,100,20)
    global $sLogin = GUICtrlCreateButton("Login",5,270,100,20)

GUISetState ()

EndFunc
Func sChat($arg5,$arg6);Sends whats typed in the text bar.
    $cmd = $arg5
    $sbID = $arg6
    ControlSend($sbID,"","","{ENTER}")
    ControlSend($sbID,"","",$cmd)
    ControlSend($sbID,"","","{ENTER}")
    Sleep(1000)

EndFunc

buildGUI()

Do
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

if $msg = $sTarNear Then
        if WinExists($sb1) Then
            sTarNear($sb1)
        Else
        EndIf
        if WinExists($sb2) Then
             sTarNear($sb2)
        Else
        EndIf            
    EndIf

if $msg = $sTarAtk Then
             if WinExists($sb1) Then
                 sTarAtk($sb1)
             Else
             EndIf
             if WinExists($sb2) Then
                 sTarAtk($sb2)
             Else
             EndIf           
    EndIf        

if $msg = $sTarNear_Atk Then    
         if WinExists($sb1) Then
                 sTarNear_Atk($sb1)
         Else
         EndIf
         if WinExists($sb2) Then
             sTarNear_Atk($sb2)
         Else
         EndIf
     EndIf

if $msg = $sLogin Then
        sOpLogin()
        WinActivate("SB Control")    
    EndIf

if $msg = $sSend Then
        $cmd = GUICtrlRead($sInput)
        if WinExists($sb1) Then
            sChat($cmd,$sb1)
        Else
        EndIf
        if WinExists($sb2) Then
            sChat($cmd,$sb2)
        Else
        EndIf        
        WinActivate("SB Control")
    EndIf

Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

If you've never used Autoit, how'd you write a proggy like that?

Don't you think a program like this is a little advanced for a one day autoit user? start off by reading the helpfile and the online documentation (Link in Sig)

Do some "hello world" scripts and familiarize yourself with the functions

that way, you don't have to ask

If you've never used Autoit, how'd you write a proggy like that?

Don't you think a program like this is a little advanced for a one day autoit user? start off by reading the helpfile and the online documentation (Link in Sig)

Do some "hello world" scripts and familiarize yourself with the functions

that way, you don't have to ask

Either this guy has like super speed learning abilities, or knows how to copy & paste. That program is twice the size anything I've ever written, and I've been using AutoIt for almost two months now, lol. Just my opinion :)

P.S. That script has an excellent tidy to it!

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

• Moderators

Read the help file?... He asked some pretty specific questions and showed his script, that deserves a tad bit of respect in my opinion, not the standard ... you're a noob, don't bother us until you RTFM response we all like to give.

Questions:

1. You never change the condition, so if the windowexists after the first go around, it' going to keep going until it doesn't.

2. Try ControlFocus() before your ControlSend()

3. Be sure you're sending them correctly, if you have special characters, you may want to use Raw mode, or maybe even ControlSetText().

4. I have no idea what your asking there to be honest.

Things to stay away from, Declaring Global Variables within functions is considered a NO/NO ... If you need the rest of the script to use them, then declare them outside the functions global before you call them. (referring to buildgui function.)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Read the help file?... He asked some pretty specific questions and showed his script, that deserves a tad bit of respect in my opinion, not the standard ... you're a noob, don't bother us until you RTFM response we all like to give.

Questions:

1. You never change the condition, so if the windowexists after the first go around, it' going to keep going until it doesn't.

2. Try ControlFocus() before your ControlSend()

3. Be sure you're sending them correctly, if you have special characters, you may want to use Raw mode, or maybe even ControlSetText().

Things to stay away from, Declaring Global Variables within functions is considered a NO/NO ... If you need the rest of the script to use them, then declare them outside the functions global before you call them. (referring to buildgui function.)

I never meant any disrespect, just saying that a one-day-er who openly admits to just downloading yesterday has a near fully functional rather in-depth script seems as though it is a good possibility that

he just swiped a code from somewhere changes some names and has no idea how it works

In which case, reading a little more wouldn't hurt

• Moderators

I never meant any disrespect, just saying that a one-day-er who openly admits to just downloading yesterday has a near fully functional rather in-depth script seems as though it is a good possibility that

he just swiped a code from somewhere changes some names and has no idea how it works

In which case, reading a little more wouldn't hurt

I agree, but I don't think the code is "advanced", it uses very very few functions at all, other than the fact that he's using parameters with them (don't see that often), I don't see it. Maybe he's versed in other languages, I know some super proficient people that don't post much on here, and their first scripts are 10 x's better or more thought oriented than anything I would have/or would consider. (Shuddup Gary!)...

All in all, I agree that the questions don't really match the talent displayed, but ... we all miss little things every now and again....

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I agree, but I don't think the code is "advanced", it uses very very few functions at all, other than the fact that he's using parameters with them (don't see that often), I don't see it. Maybe he's versed in other languages, I know some super proficient people that don't post much on here, and their first scripts are 10 x's better or more thought oriented than anything I would have/or would consider. (Shuddup Gary!)...

All in all, I agree that the questions don't really match the talent displayed, but ... we all miss little things every now and again....

HAha thanks for your suggestions. Im familliar with most programming languages out there. I jut dont get a lot of practice. And I did copy past the getHandle() meat and IsVisible() from the help file..no point in retyping it when I dont have to lol. I fixed the global declaration inside the function after reading on the forums some. Last time I used autoIT ws v1 or v2 or something so Im not sure how similar they are. lol but enough self defense.

Ill test out the things you suggested. Im still getting the hang of properly handling the GUI. I usually just write console progs. with some cout/cin type interfaces.

Edited by unterhunde

basicaly like whats done with linked lists in c++ or other langs.

I want to be able to create more variables if needed during runtime..I was pretty sleepy when i wrote the fist version of this script and tried it. And now that I just decided to be long winded and type and if for every account instead of using a recycled array function to hold the title,handle, and procID for all occuring instances of sb.exe, i dont really need it. But I would like to slim the code down if i could. recursive array would help other users be able to add more accounts to it with ease.

Edited by unterhunde

• Moderators

basicaly like whats done with linked lists in c++ or other langs.

I want to be able to create more variables if needed during runtime..I was pretty sleepy when i wrote the fist version of this script and tried it. And now that I just decided to be long winded and type and if for every account instead of using a recycled array function to hold the title,handle, and procID for all occuring instances of sb.exe, i dont really need it. But I would like to slim the code down if i could. recursive array would help other users be able to add more accounts to it with ease.

Just use an Array and ReDim when neccessary.... Or have a look at Assign() << not a big fan there personally.

Just use an Array and ReDim when neccessary.... Or have a look at Assign() << not a big fan there personally.

Cool. I just glanced at it but I think Assign is what I needed. I forgot that in c++ i creted new $vars by grabbing adjacent memory locations and giving those names/values.

@unterhunde - Hey dude, sorry if you took that disrespectiful in any way. It's just that when I see somebody with Posts: 5 under their name, I immediately conclude their a complete newbie and know nothing about programming ( mostly for the reason that this was my first scripting language ). Just from those few posts you have made already, you obviously aren't an idiot when it comes to programming languages. Maybe you'll end up teaching me a few things :) Anyways, hope you didn't take it the wrong way, and if I see a post that I know I can help with, I sure will. Hope you can get the most out of AutoIt, and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

@unterhunde - Hey dude, sorry if you took that disrespectiful in any way. It's just that when I see somebody with Posts: 5 under their name, I immediately conclude their a complete newbie and know nothing about programming ( mostly for the reason that this was my first scripting language ). Just from those few posts you have made already, you obviously aren't an idiot when it comes to programming languages. Maybe you'll end up teaching me a few things :) Anyways, hope you didn't take it the wrong way, and if I see a post that I know I can help with, I sure will. Hope you can get the most out of AutoIt, and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Its cool man. No hard feelings. Thanks for the welcome.