API Constants

GaryFrost

Decided to export the data file from my favorite tool for getting api constants and converted them so they could be used in autoit by simple clicks and paste.

Over 50,000 constants (this is not all the constants available of course).

Files have au3 extension for easy editing, keep the file under 4000 records each.

Add your own files i.e. a file with all your most used constants.

API Constants Version 1.0.0.1

API Constants Version 1.0.0.2 (Skinnable)

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/APIConstants/Skins/

Happy scripting

Enjoy!!!!

Gary

Edit: Constant(s) added to my copy of the file(s)

Const $LVM_MAPIDTOINDEX = $LVM_FIRST + 181
Const $LVM_MAPINDEXTOID = $LVM_FIRST + 180
Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks nice but how do I use these, for example the battery ones?

Global Const $BATTERY_CHARGING = 0x4

Global Const $BATTERY_DISCHARGING = 0x2

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

looks nice but how do I use these, for example the battery ones?

Global Const $BATTERY_CHARGING = 0x4

Global Const $BATTERY_DISCHARGING = 0x2

This is just a little script for getting the constants in AutoIt format for use with things like GuiRegisterMsg, DllCalls etc....

Suggest going to MSDN and searching for BATTERY_CHARGING

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

This is great!

Now I can give google a rest. :)

Might have to still google for some, but once you have them just add them to the appropriate file.

Gary, the one change I'd like to see would be to remove the $ from the ListView. It makes typing a symbol into the ListView to jump straight to it slightly easier.

To implement the change, replace line 79 with:

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(StringTrimLeft($Constant, 1), $lv_Constants)oÝ÷ Ø  Ý)Þ×~ðØZºÚ"µÍÕRPÝÙ]]J   ÌÍÛÔÙ[XÝY ][ÝÐÛÛÝ    ÌÍÉ][ÝÈ    [È

You also have a handful of Au3Check warnings about unused variables or variables used without being declared (Most of the GUI controls are not declared with scope).

Either way, this is definitely much easier than opening Visual Studio, typing in the symbol into a source file and using "Find Declaration" to jump to it.

Gary, the one change I'd like to see would be to remove the $ from the ListView. It makes typing a symbol into the ListView to jump straight to it slightly easier.

To implement the change, replace line 79 with:

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(StringTrimLeft($Constant, 1), $lv_Constants)oÝ÷ Ø  Ý)Þ×~ðØZºÚ"µÍÕRPÝÙ]]J   ÌÍÛÔÙ[XÝY ][ÝÐÛÛÝ    ÌÍÉ][ÝÈ    [È

You also have a handful of Au3Check warnings about unused variables or variables used without being declared (Most of the GUI controls are not declared with scope).

Either way, this is definitely much easier than opening Visual Studio, typing in the symbol into a source file and using "Find Declaration" to jump to it.

Updated the Non-Skinnable one with above fixes, should be no warnings now either.

Thanks for the input.

Later I'll look into adding the ability to do searches.

Edited by gafrost

Thanks.

I still get "Variable declared but not used" warnings for $hwndFrom and $code which are decleared on line 154.

k, zapped those two, don't need them in this project as of yet, code copied from a scrap i had.

Thanks

• Moderators

Gary very nice! :) Thanks.

I think this could be included in Scite4AutoIt3.

Under Combo could be Edit for filtering listview - here you can type for example "lvm_"

Little problem: Your skinned version is not working on WIN98 - when it loads nothing appears (whole app is invisible)

I thought that might be a problem for 9x/ME, does windows 98 have gdiplus.dll?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

These are the needed DLL's that need to be in the system folder.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/APIConstants/Needed%20DLLs.zip

@Gary, I'm going to run into the same problem with mine, guess I'll check for system and do a fileinstall.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

These are the needed DLL's that need to be in the system folder.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/SmOke_N/Needed%20DLLs.zip

@Gary, I'm going to run into the same problem with mine, guess I'll check for system and do a fileinstall.

My download is fat enough as it is.

Put a link on the 1st post for Win9x/Me users to download the needed dlls.