More flash variable support..Help!

Justin

The other day I posted on how to have flash run commands in an autoit script. Can I also have flash take information from the autoit container it resides in?

Some information on the project:

I am trying to create a GUI container that has a menu bar at the top, and the majority of the screen by a child window cointaining an embedded flash file, grabbed from the internet that serves as the main GUI.

The menu bar will be used mainly to put some settings into varialbes, which the flash file would need to read. Even flash just reading one variable (IE, where to find the txt file on the computer for dynamic text) would work. Anybody?

This looks like a flash question more than an AU3 question. So you probably need a flash expert to answer that.

However, if I wanted to share info between my script and a third party application, I would choose one of the standard tricks that AU3 provides: export data to .ini files, text files, registry etc. I think that one of these (if not all) could be read from your flash file.

Hope this helps,

Edited by erebus

The menu bar will be used mainly to put some settings into varialbes, which the flash file would need to read. Even flash just reading one variable (IE, where to find the txt file on the computer for dynamic text) would work. Anybody?

Okay, first of all, I don't think you're going to be able to read any local files with your flash app. I think there's security in place to prevent that by design. You're going to have to proxy information from the local filesystem through AutoIt to the flash app.

I am pretty sure you're going to have to get good at Flash ActionScript in order to be able to do anything nifty. But you could do something like this

$ini = readfile("flashinfo.ini")
$oRP.SetVariable("/:inidata", $ini)

$flashcmdframe = 5 
$oRP.GotoFrame($flashcmdframe)
; I am guessing here, and supposing that you
; can do something with the data in inidata when frame 5 loads

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]