Quick Question

andrew01

Ok, I was the "UP" key to be held down for a certain amount time, in this case 30 seconds. At the moment, I have this:

Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 30000)
    Send( "{UP}")

But when I do that, it also has to wait 30 seconds before holding down the key, so that command really takes 60 seconds in total. Are there any other commands that are instant?

Ok, I was the "UP" key to be held down for a certain amount time, in this case 30 seconds. At the moment, I have this:

Send( "{UP}")

But when I do that, it also has to wait 30 seconds before holding down the key, so that command really takes 60 seconds in total. Are there any other commands that are instant?

Send( "{UP down}")
Sleep(30000)
Send( "{UP Up}")

Send( "{UP}")
oÝ÷ ح§!Ú-«bµ©l¢¬¶Ýô±ç(Ûyú+z%v)àv'¶¤{+(¶­r¦jwky©eÊÖ¤zδ±ç(Û"Ú-jP+zØ^­æ§Êaz·(f§vËajÖ«z)쵩íþ«¨µâ¢}ý¶ÇÊ«rÜz¹Ú²Ø^~e£§Ç+]Êek+a{},yÊ'vÆ®¶­sd÷BgV÷Cµ6VæD¶WF÷väFVÆgV÷C²Â3¢b33c·7F'CÕFÖW$æB¢6VæBgV÷C·µUÒgV÷C²¦×6v&÷ÂgV÷C´VÆ6RFÖRgV÷C²ÂFÖW$Ffbb33c·7F'B

That's really weird....I just ran that script that you posted and the time came up as 60 seconds. Could it be something wrong with my computer?

edit:spelling

edit2: Paulie, I just tested out using Sleep() and it worked great. Thank you.

Edited by andrew01

• Moderators

I am not really sure what you are asking for. Could you explain it a little better or how I can find the answer out on my computer?

Thank you.

Newest Beta... Run this.. and post the results here for jpm:

MsgBox(64, 'Key Board Layout', @KBLayout)
ClipPut(@KBLayout);Now you can paste it here
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sorry for the double post but:

Is there anyway to change this to the default (if this is wrong, but I really think it is).

For example, if I give the command:

Send( "{RIGHT Down}")
Sleep(500)
    Send( "{RIGHT Up}")

It used to be a 90 degree turn to the right for me (in a game), but lately, if I give that command, it spins around for a long time, like its holding down the right arrow key.

EDIT: Ok I just looked into the beta help file to find out what @kblayout actually did, and I saw that my keyboard layout is correct (English, United States) but that still doesnt explain why my script is messing up so much, or why Opt(SetKeyDelayDown) lags, alot more then yours.

Problems I am having:

1. Opt(SetKeyDownDelay) waits for the amount of time put in the parameter before pressing the key (ie if I put 30000 in the parameter it would wait for 30 secs and then push down)

2. Similar to what I quoted above, if I tell the left, right, a, d key to move in the script, wanting it to turn in game, my charater just goes in circles forever, like the key is stuck.

EDIT 2: Possible Cause?!?! I have an adlibfunction running, that executes every 2 seconds. I thought that the entire script paused for a brief moment while it did its thing? Maybe it could be pausing right at the Send("{RIGHT Down}") key is being pressed...

Edited by andrew01