Right-Click Context Menu Functionality

b1t5tR3@m

Has anyone accomplished this, and I mean "this" in the sense of passing a selected / focused file (right-clicked) as a variable to then be manipulated by AutoIt? I spent a great deal of time at MSDN the other day thinking there could be a way through COM or oShell (and there probably is), but got no where. I have also combed the forums for past posts relating to this topic but found nothing helpful.

If you know what I'm talking about and can be of any help, I would sincerely appreciate it.

I think that requires some DLL programming. What I've done is placed some compiled scripts in my Send To folder, with these two lines at the top:

#include <Array.au3>
$targetfile = _ArrayToString ( $cmdline, " ", 1)
Hope that's useful.

Edited by lod3n

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

I'm not quite following you on what you want to do. Do you want to have a application you can right click on, and have a menu show up?

Let me further explain what I endeavor to do....

A while back, I came up with a GUI for SolidSnake's UDF's that interacted with the MD5 Deep hash utilities (Here). While I have made quite a few improvements with usage, I thought that it would be 1) prudent to add CRC32 functionality to it (even though it's been basically retired from usage), and 2) modify it slightly to be used as a context menu function. You would, in theory, right-click on a particular file and choose "Hash this file". This would in turn call a modified compiled AutoIt script which would generate the hashes for you.

I hope that explanation gives you a better understanding of what it is I am trying to accomplish.

I've already set up right-click functionality through the registry, I believe at this point I am looking at working with COM or something. I need to pass the "active" file as a variable to AutoIt. Got tired looking through MSDN for one day.

I've already set up right-click functionality through the registry, I believe at this point I am looking at working with COM or something. I need to pass the "active" file as a variable to AutoIt. Got tired looking through MSDN for one day.

Just setup a incoming cmdline structure in your script to handle the passed path through the registry should be enough.

This code will register/unregister the entry in registry (via no parameter passed or cmdline). Add entended value so it is not shown by default in contextmenu (press shift to see item).

#region - Includes
#include <Constants.au3>
#endregion

#region - Global Variables
Global Const $REG_KEY = 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\MD5_DeepHash'
#endregion

#region - CmdlineSwitch
If $CMDLINE[0] Then
    For $i = 1 To $CMDLINE[0]
        Switch $CMDLINE[$i]
            Case '/?'
                MsgBox(0x40000, StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4) & ' Help', _
                        'Switches are:' & @LF _
                         & @LF & '/extract' _
                         & @LF & @TAB & 'Extract files to current directory' _
                         & @LF & '/register' _
                         & @LF & @TAB & 'Add registration into context menu' _
                         & @LF & '/unregister' _
                         & @LF & @TAB & 'Remove registration from context menu')
                Exit
            Case '/extract'
;~              FileInstall('?', @ScriptDir & '\')
                Exit
            Case '/register'
                RegWrite($REG_KEY, '', 'Reg_sz', 'Hash This File')
                RegWrite($REG_KEY, 'extended', 'Reg_sz', ''); only see item with shift key pressed
                RegWrite($REG_KEY & '\Command', '', 'Reg_sz', '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" "%1"')
                MsgBox(0x40000, 'MD5', 'Registered')
                Exit
            Case '/unregister'
                RegDelete($REG_KEY)
                MsgBox(0x40000, 'MD5', 'UnRegistered')
                Exit
            Case Else
                Const $FILE_PATH = $CMDLINE[$i]
                If Not FileExists($FILE_PATH) Then
                    MsgBox(0x40030, 'MD5', 'File parameter is invalid')
                    Exit
                EndIf
        EndSwitch
    Next
Else
    If RegRead($REG_KEY, '') Then
        If MsgBox(0x40021, @ScriptName, 'Do you want to remove ' & @ScriptName & ' from the registry?') = $IDOK Then
            RegDelete($REG_KEY)
        EndIf
    Else
        If MsgBox(0x40021, @ScriptName, 'Do you want to add ' & @ScriptName & ' to the registry?') = $IDOK Then
            RegWrite($REG_KEY, '', 'Reg_sz', 'Hash This File')
            RegWrite($REG_KEY, 'extended', 'Reg_sz', ''); only see item with shift key pressed
            RegWrite($REG_KEY & '\Command', '', 'Reg_sz', '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" "%1"')
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Exit
EndIf
#endregion

; Code below
MsgBox(0, 'File path is', $FILE_PATH)

You will need to compile to have it execute from registry.

:)