Simultaneous Sounds?

The Ape

First post here... greetings all!

I am developing a simple sound triggering device... and I am not using BETA.

I have everything worked out except for one minor problem and one devastating predicament!

*Devastating predicament = sounds kill each other. I need to be able to trigger a sound and allow it to finish while retaining the freedom to trigger another sound, or maybe two... SIMULTANEOUSLY. I have searched high and low in the forums and could not find a solution (though i did come across a post from RazorM, but apparently his udf requires BETA.)

*Minor - To keep from flooding the forum... i am also curious about the quality of sound recorded and saved using something like Media.udf. It records at very low quality. Is this a problem i should fix within my autoit program (if possible)... or is it something with my computer settings?

Welcome,

There has been about 3 beta releases since the the public release and basically bug fixes...have been the result of the releases. Not new functionality that would make a 3.2.0.1 script fail compared to a beta script (if beta script is such a thing at the moment). RazorM's script would be 3.2.0.1 compliant unless it was not updated but AFAIK was released included in the beta recently). You should be safe using it, else post here if concern continues.

:)

Any word on the *minor issue (recording quality) will still be helpful.

You are refering to svennie's UDFs. Cannot comment with any experienced positive feedback, sorry. An area that you may need to explore yourself for improvement. If it is using MS inbuilt wave recording standards then it may not be favorable to the hearing.:)

My Sound UDF's are included in 3.2.1.2+. They are all prefixed with "_Sound".

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.