AU3Check not found when running beta from SciTE

Confuzzled

Since latest production release, I was getting errors, just the very first time I ran SciTE compile (for the beta in Alt-F7) warning that the editor was out of date, so I went to the downloads page and downloaded the latest SciTE file and installed it.

Now I get an error that AU3Check is not found.

I'm running Windows XP SP2. AutoIT 3.2.1.3, and the latest release of AutoIT and SciTE.

Pressing Alt-F7 produces an error. Exact text returned is:

>C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /beta /CompileDefaults /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\abcd\abcd.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta"

+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.3

! *** AU3CHECK Error: *** Skipping AU3Check: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\au3check.exe Not Found !

+>RC.exe ended.rc:0

+>ResHacker ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.1.3):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe

No compress

No compress

No compress

+>Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 4.916

The file Au3check.exe exists in the folder C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\ only and none of the sub folders.

Pressing F5 from SciTE produces:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\abcd\abcd.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams

+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.3

>Running AU3Check (1.54.4.0) params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.1.3):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\abcd\abcd.au3"

Do I have to change something in a config file or is it a setting in the registry to make this work with the beta?

• Developers

! *** AU3CHECK Error: *** Skipping AU3Check: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\au3check.exe Not Found !

Latest version of Beta is loaded ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Yep! Downloaded and installed from zip file autoit-v3.2.1.3.zip.

(AU3Check.exe is in the zip root folder)

Which is correct.

au3check in now part of the AutoIt3 installer and belongs in the Autoit3 directory.

So did you dump this zip into Autoit3\beta ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Put it in C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\ - is this correct? (I have no C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\ folder - should I?)

Well if you have no Beta subdir than you have no Beta to run so only use F5 & F7...

I don't care if people download the ZIP files but we expect that you know what you are doing...

Else use the installers which will perform the correct installation for you.....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.