Two Questions

Chobyhy

1. Is there a way to make the script check for the current date and the do the following action

So If Today > 12 / 1 /2006 (If today is after december first 2006)

$var = 1

I think only possible way to do is to check the local comp time but this can be easily tricked if the user changes the local time so is there a possible way to check for a world timer on the internet?

2. I think I read this before but does anyone know how to make a script terminate if there is a same script already running?

• Moderators

Look at _Now()/_NowCalcDate()/_NowDate()/_NowTime() in the help file. (Make sure you are using AutoIt v3.2 or higher.)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

What do you mean gui stuff? its just a tray icon for mine

For #2 look at _SingleTon() in the help file, regardless of whether you're using a script based or gui based executable.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

For question #2, this works for gui stuff:

$script_version = "Some Name"
If WinExists($script_version) Then
    ;do something if it's running/exists
    Exit  ;and/or exit
EndIf
AutoItWinSetTitle($script_version)
In reference, that has got absolutely nothing to do with an "AutoIt Gui". It looks for the existance of a window title that is the main invisible window that AutoIt creates with every script executed and sets the title of that window.

AutoItWinSetTitle()

• Moderators

err wait about the date thing is there anyways to check date on internet instead of locally?

Find a site that has the time you want and use _InetGetSource() or _InetGet() both in the help file.

In reference, that has got absolutely nothing to do with an "AutoIt Gui". It looks for the existance of a window title that is the main invisible window that AutoIt creates with every script executed and sets the title of that window.

Ahhh ok, cool. I was making an assumption because of the Win references. :">