launching ffxi in windows mode

darkninja

ok i am very very new to this and i have managed to get a script to log me into my ffxi all the way until i actually need to run the name changer .exe, when i try to run it it doesnt activate for some reason so i figured that maybe if i opened the folder it was in and literally clicked on the .exe it would work but im not sure how to acutally click the exe lol, well i would appreaciate help and sry for the long post!

I realise that the double run was unecasary at the end, i was just checking if running it twice would affect it

CODE:

Run ("C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\Desktop\windower\Launcher.exe") 
WinWaitActive ("PlayOnline Viewer Ver.1.17.02h - Windower Enabled")
Sleep (2000)
Send ("{Enter}") 
Sleep (500)
Send ("PASSWORD")
Send ("{Tab} {Enter}")
Sleep (1500)
Send ("{Enter}")
sleep (1500)
Send ("{Enter}")
Sleep (28000)
Send ("{Tab}")
Send ("{Enter}")
Sleep (1000)
Send ("{Enter}")
Sleep (11500)
Send ("{Enter}")
Sleep (1200)
Send ("{Enter}") 
Sleep (16000) 
Run ("C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\Desktop\NameSetter\NameSetter.exe") 
Sleep (3000)
Run ("C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\Desktop\NameSetter\NameSetter.exe") 
WinWaitActive ("FFXiApp") 
Send ("{Escape}")
Edited by darkninja

hi,

first put your code in the code or autoit tags, this makes it better to read.

second, i would use the

controlclick()
function, that may help you!

Arjan

I don't have ffxi so I can only point you into the right direction..

You will have to check the return value of the Run command, this way you will know the NameSetter.exe has actually been run. You can do this like this:

$PID = Run ("C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\Desktop\NameSetter\NameSetter.exe"); The return value of Run is a Process ID so variable name is $PID
If @error OR ($PID = 0) Then
MsgBox(0, @ScriptName, "Unable to run NameSetter.exe"&@CRLF&"Now exiting")
Exit
EndIf
To do a actual mouseclick use: MouseClick("button", x, y, etc...)

Edit: Did you use the long sleeps to wait for the program to load?

Edited by Manadar

I don't have ffxi so I can only point you into the right direction..

You will have to check the return value of the Run command, this way you will know the NameSetter.exe has actually been run. You can do this like this:

$PID = Run ("C:\Documents and Settings\MYNAME\Desktop\NameSetter\NameSetter.exe"); The return value of Run is a Process ID so variable name is $PID
If @error OR ($PID = 0) Then
MsgBox(0, @ScriptName, "Unable to run NameSetter.exe"&@CRLF&"Now exiting")
Exit
EndIf
To do a actual mouseclick use: MouseClick("button", x, y, etc...)

Edit: Did you use the long sleeps to wait for the program to load?

thanks allot for the help, im new to tis forum so i wasnt sure how to put the code in the box (still not ><). to your question yes there r wait times as the program starts and goes through the log on precedure its very tedious! i only started to have problems up until the very end, and i love this program i just started using it and ive nvr coded before, i was very suprised at how easy it was! next im going to see if i can successfuly make a bot for something in ffxi even though i have no idea where to start!

You can put code in boxes like this: [autoit ] and [/autoit ]. Just leave out the spaces. Here's something I can recommend to do when you have to wait for something:

There is probably a point on your screen which changes during loading. This place gets a certain color, or this changes when the loading is complete (like a new window popping up.). Do like this

; Get the color of point x,y so it can later be used to check if it has changed
$FirstColor = PixelGetColor(x,y)
While 1 ; Create a infinite loop where the checking will happen
$NewColor = PixelGetColor(x,y)
If $NewColor <> $FirstColor Then ; At this point we know at point x,y the pixelcolor has changed. So we can stop looping.
ExitLoop ;This stops the loop.
EndIf
WendoÝ÷ Ù±ßÛ"¯{
+çm+"Ú~éܶ*'RÇ­+%G­+ºÚ"µÍÙ[
    ][ÝÞÑSTI][ÝÊBÚXÚÐÚ[ÙJLK
MLJBÙ[
    ][ÝÜÜÝÛÜ  ][ÝÊB[ÈÚXÚÐÚ[ÙJ ÌÍÞ  ÌÍÞJBÌÍÑÝÛÛÜH^[Ù]ÛÛÜ  ÌÍÞ  ÌÍÞJBÚ[HBÌÍÓ]ÐÛÛÜH^[Ù]ÛÛÜ    ÌÍÞ  ÌÍÞJBY   ÌÍÓ]ÐÛÛÜ ÉÝÈ  ÌÍÑÝÛÛÜ[^]ÛÜ[YÙ[[[
Edited by Manadar

thanks allot Mandar, but what makes this hard is that when the logon screen changes to the actual game there IS a new window that pops up, but the really hard part is that the window name changes every couple of seconds to a random name, thats why i need to used the namechanger.exe but when the script runs it it doesnt activate for some reason (it only seems to work if i manually click the .exe in its folder). So what i was hoping to do was to minimize the game, open the folder with the .exe, click the .exe, close the folder then open back to FFXI! i apologize if this seems hard weird but thats how they made the windower for ffxi

You should have told that right from the start! You can get the WinHandle from the active window by using WinGetHandle("") and then next time you call a function like WinMove, just use the return value of WinGetHandle (a HWND) in the 'title parameter' like so:

$hwnd = WinGetHandle("")
WinMove($hwnd, ....)

im afraid i dont quite understand... i realise it gets the windows handle but why would i do this?

Same reason you would run namechanger? It's probably me who doesn't understand this, but, don't you need a way to somehow manipulate that window? I don't see any other reason to give it a fixed name with namechanger..

well im not sure of the exact things that namechanger does but it basically sets the window name of ffxi to one name that u set! if u dont the ffxi window name changes every 15 seconds with names like flkaied (very random names)

you can get windower at ffxi.archbell.net

it puts the game in window mode FOR you..

wait i think you already have that...

just run the script BEFORE ffxi then you wont have to figure out how to run it after the game is launched

use a hotkey to pause and start it if you want

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.