Send RightCtrl ScrollLock key combination?

I'm trying to use send() to send a combination of the right Ctrl key and the scroll lock key twice in succession. My last attempt was:

Send("{RCTRL down}{SCROLLLOCK}{SCROLLLOCK}{RCTRL up}")

but I've tried as many combinations as I can think of. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

john925

Actually, {SCROLLLOCK} should work the same as {SCROLLLOCK toggle}. The docs are not quite right :D

Is this Ctrl+ScrollLock combination for a KVM switch or other hardware device? It could be that AutoIt does not simulate the keypresses at a low enough level to be detected by the application/hardware you are using :huh2:

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I wonder if scroll lock, Num lock, and Caps lock are not just values. I've noted that windows can seemingly set these values by default upon reboot.

So as such perhaps it's not registering a keystroke as much as it is altering a value. Could this be the issue?

I should say what I'm trying to accomplish. I want to create a Blue Screen of Death on demand. You can create a registry key in Win2K and WinXP that allows you to blue screen by typing RightCtrl-ScrollLock twice. Wanting to do this must seem a bit odd, but it's to create a time limit on how long a bootable CD (Bart PE) can be used without it being obvious you can bypass the time limit by resetting the system clock. If you know another way to create a blue screen at will please let me know.

john925

I should say what I'm trying to accomplish.  I want to create a Blue Screen of Death on demand.  You can create a registry key in Win2K and WinXP that allows you to blue screen by typing RightCtrl-ScrollLock twice.  Wanting to do this must seem a bit odd, but it's to create a time limit on how long a bootable CD (Bart PE) can be used without it being obvious you can bypass the time limit by resetting the system clock.  If you know another way to create a blue screen at will please let me know.

john925

that might mean that it's like ctrl-alt-del and is captured by windows.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

As far as I know this keystroke is captured by the keyboard driver which then causes the BSOD. I don't think AutoIt will be able to go that deep into the system.

Try the Shutdown command instead.