Large Arrays

J_Y_C

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to use large arrays in AutoIt?

I was thinking of making some kind of interpreter script that you would use any time you referenced a large (say, 200 element) array, and it occurred to me that certainly some of the geniuses on this board have already dealt with such a problem.

It would greatly simplify my code if I could work with arrays bigger than 64. I was thinking of making some kind of large array UDF that you referenced whenever you wanted to use one, and would resize itself (or it's arrays of arrays) to adjust for different size lists.

Has someone on here already dealt with this? Is there a simple and obvious solution that I am not seeing?

Any comments/advice/criticism is welcome....

(and yes, I have searched the forums)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to use large arrays in AutoIt?

I was thinking of making some kind of interpreter script that you would use any time you referenced a large (say, 200 element) array, and it occurred to me that certainly some of the geniuses on this board have already dealt with such a problem.

It would greatly simplify my code if I could work with arrays bigger than 64. I was thinking of making some kind of large array UDF that you referenced whenever you wanted to use one, and would resize itself (or it's arrays of arrays) to adjust for different size lists.

Has someone on here already dealt with this? Is there a simple and obvious solution that I am not seeing?

Bigger than 64 what? Dimensions? Working on your Grand Unified Theory script? :P

Arrays can be thousands of rows deep, what do you gain by "interpreting" them?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

Arrays can be thousands of rows deep, what do you gain by "interpreting" them?

A dictionary? :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If your having problems keeping stuff organized with tons of arrays you might want to try using .ini files, they're good for organizing. You might want to say what you're trying to array though... you'd probably get more help that way...

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

If your having problems keeping stuff organized with tons of arrays you might want to try using .ini files, they're good for organizing. You might want to say what you're trying to array though... you'd probably get more help that way...

Puhleeeze! INI files are so... 90's! :)

XML files are the new black! :P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I confused dimensions with elements. I thought you could only have up to 64 elements in an array, and I didn't even wonder how many dimensions.

God, it makes me hurt inside when I am being this stupid. :)

So, for instance, I didn't think you could create $array[70], as I thought 64 was the limit. I totally can't believe I made such a silly mistake.

So, yes, I understand now that you can do $array[howeverBig] from $array[0][0]...64 times....