Opening a PPS file?

Ok, so i have a series of powerpoint shows, and i made a gui to open them one after another, back to back, to save time...but what command do i use?

I tried:

Run("X.pps")

and

FileOpen("X.pps")

What do i use to get the thing open????!!

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

oh yea! i forgot u need to state the program to open it with!!

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

I cant figure this out.. first of all whats dir? i thought it meant the directory address:

MsgBox(0,"Start","This will start show, continue?")

Run('POWERPOINT.EXE X.pps',"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\POWERPNT.EXE")

Run('POWERPOINT.EXE X.pps',"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\")

or

Run('POWERPOINT.EXE X.pps',@ProgramsDir & "\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\")

hmm nope but this works change PATH-TO to the path of X.pps

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\POWERPNT.EXE PATH-TO\X.pps")

i'm so stupid it's @ProgramFilesDir not @ProgramsDir

Edited by CWorks

yea i know how the heck could you miss that?!!i mean...totally...how could you miss the thing that has that thing with the thing...ok ill shut up now...

(*wait whats the differecnce?)

lol

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I tried exactly, the same thing, opening a .pps file, however, this is supposed to work on different systems with different setups and different versions of Powerpoint. Therefore, I would like to read the directory of the POWERPNT.EXE from the Registry.

This is not a problem and I can start PowerPoint with the following code:

$powerpnt = regread("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSPowerPoint\protocol\StdFileEditing\server","")
run($powerpnt)oÝ÷ Ø©l¢^Ø^¦W°ØZºÚ"µÍ[   ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÑÔSSQIÌLÓRPÔÔÓÑÑPÑIÌLÓÑPÑLLIÌLÔÕÑTVHÎÌLÐYÙÙTYÚIÌLÐYÙÙÉ][ÝÊoÝ÷ Øz0z÷«ø­¯&®¶­sbb33c·÷vW'çBÒ&Vw&VBgV÷C´´Uô4Ä54U5õ$ôõBb3#´Õ5÷vW%öçBb3#·&÷Fö6öÂb3#µ7FDfÆTVFFærb3#·6W'fW"gV÷C²ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²§'Vâb33c·÷vW'çBfײgV÷C²Â3¢b3#´&vvW"Õ&W6b3#´&vvW&âç2gV÷C²

I get an error message.

Why?

However, if i try

$powerpnt = regread("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSPowerPoint\protocol\StdFileEditing\server","")
run($powerpnt & ", C:\Bagger-Praesi\Baggern.pps")

I get an error message.

Why?

Look at your code close with the comma inside the string. Edited by MHz