I want to build a program that will when the user

I want to build a program, that when the user types what they want build, it will build it. or at least write the script, that can be compiled. Lets say they want a program, that will open notepad, and then close it. They would type, in a message box, I want a program that will open notepad and close it. then they press enter. It would then build the program. Or lets say they wanted a program that would, do anything possible on the computer. They would type in exacly what they wanted it to do, and it would do it. of cource it would have to be things the computer could handle. And it would only pick up on the key words, which are the main commands. like open notepad close notepad. which would be written as

run("notepad.exe") ect. ect.

I was able to write a program, that when you type runnotepad it would write a script for the user being

run("notepad.exe")

and runnotepadandrunnotepad would write

run("notepad.exe")

run("notepad.exe")

and runnotepadandrunnotepadandrunnotepad would write

run("notepad.exe")

run("notepad.exe")

run("notepad.exe")

but is there a way to build a program that will just pick up on the key words such as writing

I want this program to open file and sleep50000 and send enter bla bla bla bla bla.

and it writes a script like this.

run("file name goes here")

sleep(50000)

("{enter}")

and would continue picking up on the key words, and writing the script.

of corce you would have to still use sometype of scripting in the file

that would send the code to the user, in like notepad, or something.

example,

open file =

run("file name goes here")

sleep50000=

sleep(50000)

send enter=

("{enter}")

ext. ext.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Edited by program builder

no, I just know alittle autoit, but not much at all. maybe I should learn more about programing, then build it. that would be an awesome program. do you think someone else has already built it? if so maybe i can get one from them. I would like us autoit people to come up with something like that. anybody want to help?

But whats the point? You still have to write all the functions out as when you write a script. I think a click and select GUI is more practical. I don't mean to strike down your idea.

Hallman

Well, I think it would be cool to just type what you want it to do. sure you have to right alittle code. However (I want a program that will open notepad and send enter and logoff my computer) would be easier for a person who didn't know any code. but they new what they wanted to do.

It would be easier than writing

run("notepad.exe")

winwaitactive("notepad.exe")

send("lwindown}{l}{lwinup}")

People wouldn't have to know the exact coding. they would just have to know what they wanted it to do. and write it in the order they wanted it done.

Personally, the way the scripting language is set up to begin with is easier to read and interpret than what you are talking about. They might as well write the script themselves instead of writing to a program about how to write their script. It is kind of redundant. Plus the syntax would be very strange if people could just type things with no regard to a standardized syntax. It would be very hard for any script interpreter to interpret what you are saying and even harder for a person.

I am not saying that your idea isn't plausable, i am simply saying that it would probably be easier for a person to simply learn the basics of the autoit language if they want to write scripts. It most certainly would be easier for you.

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Do you understand that the user would be able to type, what they wanted done. and all the possibilities, as fare as what can be done on the computer. as long as they type what they wanted done, it would do it. they could type "I want a program that will then they start naming what they want. they could even type ingghkhh run jjljl notepad ljkljkljlj

close it.

and it would send them this code.

run("notepad.exe")

winwaitactive("notepad.exe")

send("{altdown}{E}{x}{altup}")

even I would use something like this, if I did know alot of autoit. I would create what I wanted it to do in wordpad/notepad then copy and paste it into the browser, of the program, and have it compile itsself.

or if it was something short, then I would just say something like,

search for file and then run it and then close it then run it again and then delete it. ect ect.

Personally, the way the scripting language is set up to begin with is easier to read and interpret than what you are talking about. They might as well write the script themselves instead of writing to a program about how to write their script. It is kind of redundant. Plus the syntax would be very strange if people could just type things with no regard to a standardized syntax. It would be very hard for any script interpreter to interpret what you are saying and even harder for a person.

I am not saying that your idea isn't plausable, i am simply saying that it would probably be easier for a person to simply learn the basics of the autoit language if they want to write scripts. It most certainly would be easier for you.

Do you think it would be easier to write my own code languge, and make it to where if people type in the edit box saying.

I would like a code that does this, and that, and this and that, and this and that, and this and that.

then compileing it. I think it would work, if what they wanted it to do, was part of the scripting languge. and every thing that you could do on a computer, was including in the scripting.

I know it wouldn't be easy. However if the script picked up on the key words, then all that would need to be done, is, build the script to do what is listed first, secound, and so on as far as the key words. sence it only picks up on the key words, thats all it's going to be doing. the rest of what is being typed, just tells the person what is being done. so when they read it, they know whats going to happen. and it wouldn't be as time consuming, as listing every combination of words, cause that would be impossible.

What he is saying is say u like to run a game. But to run a game u need this.

Run("C:\Guild Wars\GW.EXE")
WinWaitActive("Guild Wars")
Sleep(7000)
MouseClick("left", 430, 269, 1)
Send($answer)
Sleep(1000)
MouseClick("left", 431, 315, 1)oÝ÷ Ú+p¢é]mébëaƵêázfzØ^¦º ­©ºÚ"µÍ[ÎÕËVJBØZ]Ú[ÕÊB]ÙH
Ì
HÜÛY
Ì
BÛXÚÊYK[XÈÙ[YJBÙ[ ][ÝÔÜÉ][ÝÂ]ÙH
L
HÜÛY
L
BÛXÚÉ][ÝÛYK[XÈÙ[YJ

About the Same or maybe Easyer For People to lazy or dont have time to learn.

its just common Sence to know how to run a program.

In longer Scrips this would pay off on the Programmer. I Think. But hey if u make Long Scrips/ Good Programs then u have to know some basic C ++ or some Programming Skills. SO this program may not pay off.

Also Make Programs that u think will help Yourself or other people. Whats the Worst thing that can happen? U finshes it and people dont like it, But hey pat your-self on the back. U did somthing Most people cant do Write a Program :)

If you build a wizard, which would ask the user what kind of program they want, it should be possible to create some kind of tailor made program. For example, if I wanted a program to input data in a table. I would tell the scipt to create a table. The script cannot do this without more information, so the next prompt will be: "How many rows are to included in the table?" Suppose I enter 5 rows. To input data in each of the five rows, the resulting program could be instructed to loop around some kind of argument 5 times. If I had chosen 6 rows then the loop would repeat 6 times etc. This is a very simple example.

It would be an enormous task to create the vast library of code necessary to create anything much more complicated than this. Don't ask me for it I'm also a noob. I thought I would add my comment because it might trigger an idea.

Good luck

Czardas

Edited by czardas

czardas,

When u say the program ask you what type of "Program are you going to build to day".

I thought C ++ Blood or what ever it is ask you about this. ( File Type )

Like that or u talking more like This.

Program i am going to make a "Couter"

a box pops up numbers.

0000  "4 Numbers"

what number will we start at?

Code make. and it comes out or u talking more in to it?

czardas,

When u say the program ask you what type of "Program are you going to build to day".

I thought C ++ Blood or what ever it is ask you about this. ( File Type )

Like that or u talking more like This.

Program i am going to make a "Couter"

a box pops up numbers.

0000  "4 Numbers"

what number will we start at?

Code make. and it comes out or u talking more in to it?

Hi evilelf, I was talking more about the second idea. Still it is an interesting thought; having AutoIt create programs in another language. I wonder if it would be possible to have a multilingual script, using somthing like a LanguageSwitchMode function. (I just made that up - so don't be alarmed if you can't find it). Perhaps translation could be left to the compiler. As I don't really know very much about how these things work, I can't really comment any further than this. Perhaps I'm talking nonsense!

Cheers czardas.

Edited by czardas