Change Computer Name and IP Address

bstripe

I need a program that will change a computer name and an IP address. I want the user to choose from two possiblilities. For example:

Computer Name: Inbatch1 IP address 111.1.1.1

or

Computer Name: Inbatch2 IP address 222.2.2.2

This will run on WinNT 4.0 but if I knew how to do it on Windows XP I should be able to make any needed alterations.

Thanks

I created two buttons with logic as follow:

case $msg = $Inbatch1_btn

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ActiveComputerName", "ComputerName","REG_SZ", "Inbatch1")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ComputerName", "ComputerName", "REG_SZ", "Inbatch1")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "Hostname", "REG_SZ", "Inbatch1")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "NV Hostname", "REG_SZ", "Inbatch1")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\El90x1\Parameters\Tcpip","IPAddress","Reg_Binary","111.1.1.1")Exit

case $msg = $Inbatch2_btn

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ActiveComputerName", "ComputerName","REG_SZ", "Inbatch2")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ComputerName", "ComputerName", "REG_SZ", "Inbatch2")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "Hostname", "REG_SZ", "Inbatch2")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "NV Hostname", "REG_SZ", "Inbatch2")

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\El90x1\Parameters\Tcpip","IPAddress","Reg_Binary","32,32,32,2e,32,2e,32,2e,32,00,00")

Exit

The computer name changes but not the IP address. In the RegWrite command I have tried entering the value as shown as well as the form "111.1.1.1". As shown the registry is updated but when I go to TCP/IP properties, the IP address is blank. When I change the value using the other form ("111.1.1.1") it does not change the value in the properties or registry.

If I do a RegRead then the current IP address shows up in the form "111.1.1.1"

Danny,

Since there were only two IP configurations, I was able to make *.reg files for the two IP addresses and then I just opened them using the run command.

run("regedit.exe filepath\filename")

Thanks for your input.

Brett

Edited by bstripe