Norton deleting my compiled scripts

CoePSX

Today, Sep 20, Norton AV 2006 update it's virus definitions. I had Explorer open in one of my script folders.

All of sudden it began to show red warnings saying that it found a virus and delted it automatically. The virus were all my compiled scripts!

This is terrible. Someone must contact Symantec and warn them about this. Maybe Jon himself could do this.

I have lots fof people running my compiled scripts. They're gonna think i'm a hacker messing with them. :)

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

I hate norton. It takes up so much memory and has been notorious for its "Hard unistall procedures" But what you should do if you wanna shut it down but its protected from the task manager is go to Start>Run>Services.MSC and scroll down to Norton Services, or any services from Symantec and click stop the service. That should stop it from deleting your scripts. As for the contacting symantec, it would take alot of people and there is really not much you could do alone at the moment.

Edited by CsM33

Today, Sep 20, Norton AV 2006 update it's virus definitions. I had Explorer open in one of my script folders.

All of sudden it began to show red warnings saying that it found a virus and delted it automatically. The virus were all my compiled scripts!

This is terrible. Someone must contact Symantec and warn them about this. Maybe Jon himself could do this.

I have lots fof people running my compiled scripts. They're gonna think i'm a hacker messing with them. :P

Make sure your AV is configure to Quarantine, not delete, and you can also exclude your script folder or the specific file name. These are, of course, temporary fixes. Also notify Symantec of the false positive.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law